Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd Fans

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
A Devon coach full of Man Utd fans has just gone by us.

Are there really that many exiled Mancunians in Devon? Or are they just plastics?

Very sad with Plymouth Argyle in such desperate trouble.

They should be ashamed.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
surely the ones who should be ashamed are the ones who wear the shirts, but the closest they get to seeing a match is a trip to the local pub? rather than those travelling a few hundred miles to see their team.

no?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's a lot of Mancs/Scousers working in the Torbay area and it's surrounds (there's also a lot of plastics though, same as everywhere)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Manure , Cheaterpool and Leeeeeeeds all run supporters coaches to their home and away games from Grimsby and start picking up from the pub around the corner where I live.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seen a Cornwall Reds coach more than once on the M6 heading on up to Anfield, it isn't just united you know.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
i am quite impressed - shows dedication and not like the tossers who wear the shirt and only ever watch on Sky! its up to clubs like brighton and Plymouth to nurture fans in their local area, my niece is buying a season ticket with her dad(a spurs fan) because Elliott Bennett comes to the school as part of their community programme and I have a friend who is a teacher and an avid Luton fan who has enrolled his 1 yr old son in Gullys Gang due to Glenn Murrays contribution and hard work.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
On the way out of Wembley in '83, we met some Man Utd fans who were actually from Manchester :eek: and they were smashing people. Then in the coach park, we bumped into a coach load of man utd fans from Essex - and they were complete TWATS. :angry:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They'll be crying in their cockerney pint mugs come the European Cup quarter finals :drink:

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
A Devon coach full of Man Utd fans has just gone by us.

Are there really that many exiled Mancunians in Devon? Or are they just plastics?

Very sad with Plymouth Argyle in such desperate trouble.

They should be ashamed.

Can't see that 50 people on a coach go to watch Man Utd would make any difference to the turmoil Argyle are in. Also Devon has two other league clubs to choose from not just argyle.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was organising a trade exhibition in Brum a couple of months back. A colleague and I stopped of at the Warwick services on Saturday morning to be greeted by about 50 Manure shirts. Naively I asked who they were plaing, thinking it would probably be an awayday in the capital, wrong! It was a load of Surrey based fans on their way to Old Trafford for a home game, my trotting out of the usual one liners was met with very bored expressions.

Strangely there was also a minibus of SCC fans around, who I loudly ripped the piss out of, probably making a right arse of myself! Not one response did I receive at all, probably a bunch of bobble hats!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just got in from the game. Our train (6.55 from Manchester Piccadily) was rammed with United fans going back to London, all but about 10 of us were in United attire. Don't understand it, following a team based 200 miles away. I accept some may well be mancs living down here, some were even on our bloody train to Brighton.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I know two Brighton based Yanited fans who went to their annual game yesterday. Probably won't be going north of the Watford Gap for another year now.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On the way out of Wembley in '83, we met some Man Utd fans who were actually from Manchester :eek: and they were smashing people. Then in the coach park, we bumped into a coach load of man utd fans from Essex - and they were complete TWATS. :angry:

I was living in Lincolnshire in '83 and the night of the replay I had to go back up north on a train load of Mancs. They spotted I was Brighton and spent the journey mercilessly taking the piss, but shared their beers with me and we generally had quite a good laugh. Made me feel a little better after the defaet. Not so sure they'd have been so nice if we'd won mind....

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Let em be, I say. They may bask in the glory in the school playground but once their voices break they must realise that they've embarked on a lifetime of being despised by all fans of all other teams. Honest, it must be a hard life being a Manchester United fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here