Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Hits Crossbar and Wins £250,000

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"This is the second best day of my life - the best was when I lost my virginity."
:lolol::lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I saw it, on SSN this morning.

Only thing is - they might NOT pay up. It was meant to be a DROP GOAL [ie the ball must bounce], and he kicked it on the full.

Hopefully, after all the publicity, they'll feel its too late now to back out, but I do wonder about the wording of the insurance Saracens took out. Reckon they might end up £250,000 out of pocket...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Good for him - his kicking is a heck of a lot better than mine - if it were me, the ball would probably have gone off for a line-out!

I do find it funny that an Insurance company thought it so unlikely that a fan would win that they were willing to insure against the possibility of the prize being won.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I loved the video on SSN where he kicked it and instantly put his hands in his pocket as if that was a normal day thing he does..."hoof a ball, could win 250k, chill it out, just another day at the office" So FLAIR !!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I heard that football players would have little wagers among themselves about hitting the bar during kick-ins to matches...

Managers frowned upon it, as they were concerned about the 'muscle-memory' effect, that could have the players 'automatically' hit the bar during matches, rather than score...

I saw Sami Hyypia hit the bar from about sixty yards at a Pompey v. Liverpool game last season, while warming up as a sub at half time :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here