Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malcolm Poskett

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I remember him....he was a regular for us when i first started going back in 78.
Good striker.

Superfreds Mullet

Where's Nogbad?
Mar 6, 2007
Walking on the Moon
I remember the Charlton game well saw Pozzie's hat trick , got slapped by a drunken Charlton fan when he scored his first.I was standing on the large terracing opposite their stand. Their sponsor's at the time were FADS(Greg Stanley in a previous life!).As the game was so close to Xmas I wasn't going but I was one of the many on the aborted charter train to Forest and was given a free charter train ticket to the Charlton game, well worth it ,saw a great win and got extremely drunk in the pub that night apparently singing P-O-S-K-E-T-T! Poskett! Poskett!all night! From the same season I remember a tremendous trip to Cold Blow Lane to see us thrash Millwall 4-1 with Malcolm scoring the last -a memorable day( I think?) got drunk again!!:drink: :drink:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wasn't it freezing that day, on the wind-blasted crumbling terraces of the Valley?

We lit bonfires to keep warm - and there were rumours of West Ham ICF visiting because their game was called off.

Great days indeed.

D

Deleted User X18H

He came to West Blatchington School with Ken Tiler in 1979

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i was`there.

huge ruck after the game when we were getting to the car.

great hat trick

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
huge fan grat player would be in my all time squad not starting line up but on the bench with robinson and smith:albion:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It was 3-0. I was on the huge crumbling East Terrace. Think entry was by some turnstiles that were sited at the back and to the left of the terrace ? Think you had to walk down some kind of alley way to the turnstiles. :albion:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I saw him play in 78. We demolished Cardiff 5-0 on Boxing Day.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Yorkie said:
I saw him play in 78. We demolished Cardiff 5-0 on Boxing Day.

which was the next game & super Teddy Maybank got a hatrick, I was at both games

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A good little player. A nice moustache too.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here