Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making the away team feel unwelcome

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
After Mark Bright's outburst of bollocks and now this We will be the laughing stock I just wondered if anyone was aware we've done scientific research into COLOURS and are painting the away changing room a dull depressing colour and the home changing room a nice happy colour...

:thumbsup: :rave: :amex:

Or did I make up hearing that?!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I know for a fact that the away changing room at withdean is painted purple for that very reason.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know for a fact that the away changing room at withdean is painted purple for that very reason.

Seems it is true then! Think it was in a 1901 pres I went to. I'd say making the 11 players on the pitch feel less comfortable is far more likely to have a tiny, tiny impact on matched then making the away fans feel comfortable so they sing more!

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
also, the current away end means a RUBBISH experience for away fans at the moment.

No teams have won at Withdean this season, but for the previous four years before that WE'VE been absolutely RUBBISH at home. so i dont think the away fan experience plays much part really!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Colour experts reckon that pink (honestly) in the visiting locker/changing rooms has an affect on visiting teams' players-something to do with lessening their aggressions. Paint them pink Tony.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
There's always the debate about whether as the home side, do you make the opposition as comfortable as you can, so they relax and take their foot off the peddle or do you make it as dreary and depressing as you can, to upset them and disrupt their rhythm.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Blue & Red stripes would be nausiating, Paint the away dressing room like that & make them all sick before the game.
Also swap the away dressing room with Gullys :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
also, the current away end means a RUBBISH experience for away fans at the moment.

No teams have won at Withdean this season, but for the previous four years before that WE'VE been absolutely RUBBISH at home. so i dont think the away fan experience plays much part really!!!

Dunno who the long faired player was in the studio on the football league show but he was suggesting we do so well ans Withers cos teams hate going there and he said at first at Falmer we'll struggle and teams will love playing against us in a nice new stadium. Yet if you look at the previous 3 seasons Withdean form that pisses all over his unresearched point he was trying to make!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The guy at the stadium tour said that both the home and away dressing rooms will be identical to comply with some regulation that will make the Amex eligible for matches such as England U21 internationals.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I remember reading about that. When did they paint it purple?

I.don't know if it is a new thing,I hope it is as it has obviously worked.My mum works at Amex & is part of the Albion in the community project & was given a tour of withdean this week.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
When i was in the changing rooms at Witthers (Start of last season) the away room was purple and much smaller.
But is MUCH better than the officials changing room! Which is tiny!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
When i was in the changing rooms at Witthers (Start of last season) the away room was purple and much smaller.
But is MUCH better than the officials changing room! Which is tiny!

It's possible there might be more people using the away team dressing room compared to the officials room, hence the disparity in size. More importantly, what colour is the officials changing room?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here