Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making the 10pm train after a night game

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Hi All,

I normally travel from Portsmouth to Amex on my motorbike, but for Leeds tomorrow I fancy a couple of beers so am considering the train.

The last direct train back from Brighton station to Portsmouth is at approx 10pm.

For those of you who regularly catch the train, what are my chances of making it to Brighton in time for this if I leave the game after the final whistle?

Any and all help much appreciated. :biggrin:

Thanks

Snook

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
If you leave before 2145, there's a train that should leave Falmer for Brighton and get you there in time for the 2200, but any delay like last night and you'll be pushing it.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I know I won't be able to tear myself away before the whistle goes.

Motorbike it is I reckon. Thought it was a long shot but as always wanted to check with the big brains at NSC first.

Beers on a Saturday game a much better plan. Plenty of time to make the 10pm train if game finishes at 5!!!!!!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You wanna leave about 88th minute that's what we do and always get the first train which is the 21:45 :)

If you have young kids that really need to get home fair enough, but how much stuff are you gonna miss doing that? Surely if you care about the game enough to go regularly, surely you don't want to be regularly missing 5+ minutes of it at the business end of the match, for the sake of an easier journey home?

Btw, just my opinion - I am not being judgemental, fans are free to come and go as they like.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
im in the north stand and like all others there once the final whistle goes we all run like hell to get on the train depending on how fast you can run and where abouts you are sitting depends on what time you leave tbh

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Hi All,

I normally travel from Portsmouth to Amex on my motorbike, but for Leeds tomorrow I fancy a couple of beers so am considering the train.

The last direct train back from Brighton station to Portsmouth is at approx 10pm.

For those of you who regularly catch the train, what are my chances of making it to Brighton in time for this if I leave the game after the final whistle?

Any and all help much appreciated. :biggrin:

Thanks

Snook

Why don't you get the 22.14 from Brighton, changing at Hove and Ford, or is it specifically the direct one you have to catch?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I think it will be quite touch and go as to whether or not you would get the 10 o'clock train to be honest!! When we played Sunderland, I had to leave at 10'ish to get the 10.30 train to Chichester and I was lucky to get that one, after the congestion at Falmer!!!

After the sunderland game there was no congestion at Falmer, i left the ground after extra time after 10.30 and was home in seaford in 50 minutes using the train.Are you sure you were there?

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
i usually catch the 21.45 train to get back to london after the night games - takes 7 mins to get to brighton so if its on time you should be fine. You need to leave on the 89th min and sprint to the station to guarantee getting it though! Also need it to not be late - was delayed by about 5 mins last night.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Could do, it's just a lot of pissing about.

Guess I'm a bit lazy.

it's not really much pissing about is it buddy! 2 changes, one of which takes place about 3 mins from Brighton (Hove) - get some tins from brighton station, and then relax on the train home with some nice cold ones.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
it's not really much pissing about is it buddy! 2 changes, one of which takes place about 3 mins from Brighton (Hove) - get some tins from brighton station, and then relax on the train home with some nice cold ones.

Yeah I guess that's a good point. May have to give it a bash as bike has slow puncture anyway.

So it's easy enough to make the 10.16 then if I leave after full time whistle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here