Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making his 30th appearance

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Steve The Legend Davis.

Irrespective of all other issues, 30 years is a long time playing any competitive sport.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:bowdown:

Big local derby he's got in the 1st Round, he'll be desperate not to lose the battle of Romford to Mark King.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is how bored the commentators are..

'In the old days he'd have needed an orange box to get to that'

'You don't mean orange in colour do you?'

'No, a box that contained oranges..'

:laugh:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
8-6 Davis with King in amongst the balls, you can sense the tension at Sheffield and it's shaping up for a grandstand finish, live on Eurosport now.

:ohmy:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Steve Davis came to The Forum live music venue in T Wells once to watch a band he'd heard about - Mumm Ra, I believe. He was a fantastic bloke, bought round after round for literally everyone.

Incredibly generous, knowledgable about music and actually quite interesting!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wow, what an epic match. Davis rolled back the years to win, the tension at the end was unbearable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Davis was almost CRYING at the end, when he thought he'd blown it. MAN UP Davis.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That was brilliant. Great to see the old guy win it. Shame he will get absolutely destroyed by Higgins though.

There are some crackers lined up for the second round, O'Sullivan v Williams and Selby v Hendry particularly standing out.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
6-2 overnight, terrific stuff from Davis. I don't know the odds but I'd still fancy Higgins to come back but some of it last night was absolutely vintage Davis.

:bowdown:

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Maybe me being naive but why does age matter in snooker? Why cant a 52 year old be as good as a 32 year old? What is the disadvantage of 30 years experience. Its not like the game is quicker than before!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Still fancy Higgins to win this, dont know what the odds are but might be worth a small investment

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
10-9 up, come on ginger ninja

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
11-9 to Davis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here