Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maheta a player for the future of lincoln?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
"I need to be playing regularly and Lincoln could provide that opportunity - we'll have to wait and see," he said. "But before I can think about that I still have to talk to Brighton because I have two years left on my contract.

"So there is a long way to go." - linconshire echo

A player for the future MM said, but who's future?
Perhaps instead of letting him go, why don't we loan him out for the season with a recall clause and see how he gets on, otherwise his whole time at the club has been a waste of resources.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Agree.... get the feeling that maybe he didn't get enough of a chance with us.... a year at Lincoln and then re-assess?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would prefer to loan him out, just in case...

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Agree.... get the feeling that maybe he didn't get enough of a chance with us.... a year at Lincoln and then re-assess?

He has been on trail with them and bagged four goals in three games, however Boston have been their toughest opponents. Great statement by the lincoln manager though ......

"I believe he's got a bit more skill and ability than we've previously been used to and it's a case of trying to encompass that into the way we play.

"He's scored four goals in three games and I can't fault him for that.

To much skill is perhaps his problem for us!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never seen him play but I've been told he can go past players like they are not there but has trouble actually bringing the ball under control quickly enough to do it most of the time.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I personally think he will find it tougher coping at a lower level (ie third div) whereas in the championship, he will get more time on the ball and it is slightly less physical.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
GUNTER said:
I personally think he will find it tougher coping at a lower level (ie third div) whereas in the championship, he will get more time on the ball and it is slightly less physical.

Maybe a season of being kicked and man handled will be just the thing he needs, maybe the fast pace of the lower leagues will make him wiser and improve his touch. I still think unloading him now would be a mistake, unless he is disruptive on the training ground?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Lincoln is probably THE place to learn the physical and direct nature of the English game. If it's a loan he will come back broken or ready for the first team.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Lincoln fans seem to think he would be a class signing and has really impressed during the friendlies.

I can't help thinking if we just let him go we might regret it one day. Ok he may not be the most physical of players, but sometimes skill overcomes strength.

Loan him out and see how he gets on - what have we got to lose?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i dont think he is good enough for us, but even so what is the point in paying him for a year just to let him go

send him there on loan and then see what he can do. look what the loan at aldershot did for jake last season, put him right back in the first team and gave him confidence. if it does the same for molango then who knows, maybe we will see him actually play half decent

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The few times I saw him he seemed to be fearful of heading the ball, not a good trait in a striker

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
What about the wages? Would Lincoln pay 100%?

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
The article in full:

KEITH SET FOR MAHETA SWOOP

10:30 - 25 July 2005
Imps boss Keith Alexander will open talks with Championship outfit Brighton this week to try and thrash out a deal for striker Maheta Molango.

The 22-year-old ex-Atletico Madrid player has impressed in a week-long trial at Lincoln which has seen him net four goals in three games.

The latest double came in the first half of Saturday's 4-1 friendly win at Gainsborough Trinity, following up the brace he claimed at Boston Town last Tuesday.

However, Molango still has two years of his deal with the south coast club to run, which Alexander admits could be a stumbling block.

"Maheta has done very well for us and I'll be speaking to Brighton about him," confirmed the City boss.

"The problem is he still has two years of a three-year deal left so I'll have to get in touch with their manager, Mark McGhee, and see if something can be sorted out.

"He's certainly impressed me in the games he's played so far.

"I believe he's got a bit more skill and ability than we've previously been used to and it's a case of trying to encompass that into the way we play.

"The next few days will determine whether we can keep him or not."

Molango, born in Switzerland but an Italian national, revealed in the Echo last week he would be happy with a permanent move to Lincoln.

"I need to be playing regularly and Lincoln could provide that opportunity - we'll have to wait and see," he said. "But before I can think about that I still have to talk to Brighton because I have two years left on my contract.

"So there is a long way to go."

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Black Country Seagull said:
He has been on trail with them and bagged four goals in three games, however Boston have been their toughest opponents. Great statement by the lincoln manager though ......

To much skill is perhaps his problem for us!
Have you seen our oponents recently ha ha,if we went by openents we would be lucky to get a point all next season:lolol:

how many has knight bagged recently,i know kazim has about 4 i think:)

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I saw Molango play for Linclon city in the friendly against Lincoln United last Thursday. This was the only game he didn't score in, but he did look the most skillful player on the pitch (not saying a lot). I never saw him win any balls in the air, and he got knocked over a couple of times pretty easily- both of which I believe are weaknessis in his game which McGhee has previously referred to.

By the way, Ben Futcher signed for Boston a few weeks ago I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here