Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Made up names of football clubs.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just checking out Will Hay,s film profile. One of the films has the football team Buggleskelly Wednesday !! (what a corking name,just don't get them like that anymore) However there must be other teams out there ? :bigwave:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Every name on the first few Pro Evo's were amazing. Player names included. I remeber D. Sernam as England's goalkeeper, amazing

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Harchester United

Every name on the first few Pro Evo's were amazing. Player names included. I remeber D. Sernam as England's goalkeeper, amazing

All the holland players were called orange 11 or some other number on pro evo 2

And the master league teams all had made up names....unless u had the cheats disk to make them proper like i did :)

Oct 25, 2003
BARNSFORD

thats who JACK SCULLY off neighbours played for before he went missing, then came back to australia, shagged a few hotties, went mental cos he WENT OUT all the time and kept stealing money to go out, then left

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember back in the day they used to sell these mini comics just about football and the main 2 teams were Liverton & Everpool.

Very imaginative I thought!!!

Bobby of the Blues played for Everpool, and they were a real team thank you very much. They won everything.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Deportivo Wanka has to be made up, I mean, it is a mixture of a Spanish team from La Coruna and an insult to the ref!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Deportivo Wanka has to be made up, I mean, it is a mixture of a Spanish team from La Coruna and an insult to the ref!

Apparently the 'Wanka' bit comes from the name of the indigenous people who used to inhabit the area/city that they play in, these people were known as 'Wankas' (*snigger*).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here