Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macs infected by trojans

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
wait until [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] hears about this!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
haha-nelson.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I take it you are still stuck on a primitive windows machine :rolleyes:

Its a myth that macs are safer from Malware, they just haven't been targetted as they are 9% of the market. This is changing as malware is being developed that will infect either when a site is clicked on(2 types of malware waiting for a hit not one type that can do both ).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its a myth that macs are safer from Malware, they just haven't been targetted as they are 9% of the market. This is changing as malware is being developed that will infect either when a site is clicked on(2 types of malware waiting for a hit not one type that can do both ).

It's a myth that you have any idea what you are talking about.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Forgive me for asking a stupid question, here goes.

My friend has a Samsung Galaxy phone and he has installed virus software on his android phone. Is it possible install some kind of app on the iPhone that does similar?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The truth is only a google away.
Google

Sorry - in what way does anything there show "Its a myth that macs are safer from Malware"? It doesn't...

Are Macs capable of being infected with malware? Yes they are and I've not suggested otherwise.

Are Macs still safer than a PC? Yes they are (it is here where you're talking your usual incoherent shit)

Last edited:

fattyjohn

Jun 17, 2011
north roedean
Sorry - in what way does anything there show "Its a myth that macs are safer from Malware"? It doesn't...

Are Macs capable of being infected with malware? Yes they are and I've not suggested otherwise.

Are Macs still safer than a PC? Yes they are (it is here where you're talking your usual incoherent shit)[/QUOTE

from what i understand (and it really is not a lot ) its all to do with windows

D

Deleted member 22389

Macs are still safer by design. Windows it only takes one website to infect your whole machine. Macs like Linux would require the user to allow this malware root access. So the rule is, don't allow root access unless you know 100% what you are intstalling.

Does this malware require root access to install?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here