Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mac for Mackail

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
But surely McCormack is a 'contract rebel' because he wants more money? I doubt whether we could afford higher wages than Leeds.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
wouldnt want him tbf,cms allthe way ,give him one more season,
as for palace,why did they sell ambrose so bloody cheap!!!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I heard about a possible Cms/McCormack swap last week(hence I started the McCormack, hasn't signed for Palace yet thread),,,the same source told me about Bridge and Kuszazak long before it happened.....now this story seems to be gathering some pace as well, so i'm thinking there is some truth in this.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
"Mac for Mackail"

How many Mac's can you find?

<-----

Attachments

• mcmacmack.jpg
    mcmacmack.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Leeds paid £350k for McCormack who has 1 year left on his contract, no wonder they would like to swap him for CMS if he won't sign a new deal.
Last season was the only decent one he's had and he's 5ft 9" so he's not going to give us much of a 'different' option.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
wouldnt want him tbf,cms allthe way ,give him one more season,
as for palace,why did they sell ambrose so bloody cheap!!!!

Ambrose was sold for a deal worth £1m according to SSN and various other places.

As for why he was so cheap... He was in the last year of his contract and was on £13.5k per week. He wasn't starting every week last season for us, and Dougie thought that the money could be better spent elsewhere.

When you're the club's top earner and not the club's best player, something is wrong and needs to be fixed.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Leeds paid £350k for McCormack who has 1 year left on his contract, no wonder they would like to swap him for CMS if he won't sign a new deal.
Last season was the only decent one he's had and he's 5ft 9" so he's not going to give us much of a 'different' option.

He had a fantastic season in 09/10, an average one in 10/11 and another great one last year.

He'll be a brilliant player for whoever gets him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If McCormack is rated as a £1.5M player that probably explains why Palace haven't signed him yet :lol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The year before that he scored 24 for Cardiff, presume that's what he meant.

Yeah that is what I meant, sorry :thumbsup:

CPFC2010: "There have been advanced talks... but the selling club won't let him leave yet" Talking about a player on the BBS, almost certainly McCormack.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Gus has been obsessed with CMS for ages! He is going nowhere!

This is the main factor! Gus has full control of transfers now and is definitely not going to sell him! Simples.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Would much rather have Becchio than McCormack. Would be a fairer swap I think.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Becchio and CMS @ the Albion = nice!

Colin W@nker... keep your grubby mits off of CMS, you tw@t...

Jul 13, 2012
Yeah that is what I meant, sorry :thumbsup:

CPFC2010: "There have been advanced talks... but the selling club won't let him leave yet" Talking about a player on the BBS, almost certainly McCormack.

CPFC2010 were on bbc London this morning saying they're making 3 signings this week. 3 bids have gone in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here