Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch confirmed to stay at Forest for rest of season

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Very poor decision. Sell him or bring him back and try and sell him to someone else!

Agreed. A long term loan is hardly helpful to us.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
keeps him in the shop window though as no doubt Adams would'nt play him if he came back!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Obviously sees Hawkins as a more gifted central defender..and who are we to argue. The manager, of course, is always right.

:ohmy:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Adams was asked about Thomson after the match yesterday and said that, as far as he was concerned, he wouldn't pick anyone that wanted away as he couldn't be sure that their mind was focused on the job. I'm sure that the same would be true of Lynch and also explains why he doesn't play Thornton so much (as he said in an interview that he wanted to go back to Coventry and fight for a place there).

I agree with Adams on that and, unless Lynch declares publicly that he wants to return and fight for a place (from the reserves or bench at first), I wouldn't want to bring him back out of spite and make him play for a team he doesn't want to.

Adams was asked about Thomson after the match yesterday and said that, as far as he was concerned, he wouldn't pick anyone that wanted away as he couldn't be sure that their mind was focused on the job. I'm sure that the same would be true of Lynch and also explains why he doesn't play Thornton so much (as he said in an interview that he wanted to go back to Coventry and fight for a place there).

I agree with Adams on that and, unless Lynch declares publicly that he wants to return and fight for a place (from the reserves or bench at first), I wouldn't want to bring him back out of spite and make him play for a team he doesn't want to.

We'll have none of this sensible stuff here laddie.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's a bit different with Thornton since he is a loan player. EVERY loan player says they went to break into the set up at their own club because they are by default better, and they have a contract there. If you applied that logic than making loan signings would be pointless as you'd never play them.

It's a bit different with Thornton since he is a loan player. EVERY loan player says they went to break into the set up at their own club because they are by default better, and they have a contract there. If you applied that logic than making loan signings would be pointless as you'd never play them.

Most loan players go to a club to get some first team games so when their loan period is over they are more likely to be in contention at their parent club-we have seen enough who fall into that category. We all know that that's why they're at a club on loan-most of them use it as the opportunity it is for them, some say things like "I want to return to Coventry". If that's the case then the player isn't interested in helping us so why should we help him-just let him go back when the deal has run its course?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I just hope we get some decent money for him at the end of this.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Not necessarily. They could possibly be out of favour, and have been told they are not part of the club's plans - Matt Richards is an example.

How far was Bobby Zamora's career progressing at Bristol Rovers, for instance?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I thought everyone knew by now that Kevin Thornton is a raving pisshead who fucks about in training and is generally a bad influence on our players off the pitch.

He'd be starting otherwise wouldnt he?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see where people are coming from, but Lynch was the one who asked to leave.

Do you want a player in the team who doesn't want to be there? Lynch is error prone at the best of times, I dread to think what he'd be like if his mind wasn't on the job. You can make someone stay but you can't make him play well.

I'd rather we just sold him and got the money rather than lending him to somebody, but equally, I don't particularly want him around damaging morale if he really can't be arsed with the Albion any more.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Worst bit of Albion news i've heard for a while.

I'd have liked to see him come back but if not atleast sell him in January so we can use the money to bring in new players...

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Surely we hold some leverage with Lynch? If he refuses to play, why would we pay his wages? If I refused to work, I would get the tin tack and wouldn't expect my employer to pay me. I would fine him 100% until he changed his mind.

I am sure a few months of no wages might change his motivation. I think he is laughing at us with a year at NF and this is a bad precedent for other young squad players who believe they have a right to start each week.

I find his attitude appalling given he was developed (AND PAID) by BHAFC to be a professional footballer. If he was hurt, he would rightlyexpect the club to pay his wages, so why treat the club like crap?

Stop moaning about Adams not playing him, this isn't a poofs parade. Perhaps with that kind of attitude, it was right of Adams not to play him.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Well according to the club site Forest are paying his wages and paying us £25k so better he buggers off there for the rest of the season and not cost us anything and then hopefully come 1st July he will be off for good and we pick up a few grand cash

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Most loan players go to a club to get some first team games so when their loan period is over they are more likely to be in contention at their parent club-we have seen enough who fall into that category. We all know that that's why they're at a club on loan-most of them use it as the opportunity it is for them, some say things like "I want to return to Coventry". If that's the case then the player isn't interested in helping us so why should we help him-just let him go back when the deal has run its course?
I don't think that's actually what he said though, it was more along the lines of "I want to do well for Brighton and then fight for my place at Coventry", which is a typical loan player type of comment.

Not necessarily. They could possibly be out of favour, and have been told they are not part of the club's plans - Matt Richards is an example.

How far was Bobby Zamora's career progressing at Bristol Rovers, for instance?
Richards has made the type of comments I say about above at least once. Course by now he probably has realised he's finished at Ipswich. Loan players are out for themselves as much as the club, it's just the nature of it. But they improve their own stock by doing well on the pitch even if they won't be at the club in a few weeks time. Zamora was just a youngster looking for some games.

I thought everyone knew by now that Kevin Thornton is a raving pisshead who fucks about in training and is generally a bad influence on our players off the pitch.

He'd be starting otherwise wouldnt he?
The thing is Adams knew all about him from Coventry. If he is that bad why sign him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here