Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luxembourg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just booked up a long weekend at the end of May to Luxembourg, bagged some flights for £10 return.

:clap:

Any recommendations of places to go and visit??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Radio Luxembourg used to be Fab. Way back in the day. :guitar:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lived there for 3 years.

Not one place worth visiting in Luxembourg. Where are you staying?

Trier is well worth the visit, old roman town with Karl Marx house in Germany, not very far at all on the train (was 30 mins to drive).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Vianden is a nice place to vist, got a chairlift up a hill, and just down the road a hydro electric plant you can go look round.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
vianden_castle_night-420x322.jpg

Viandan Castle

http://www.castle-vianden.lu/english/index.html

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Agree that Vianden is nice and a visit to Trier and River Moselle worth a visit. Can't remember much of note in city of Luxembourg. pleasant but not much more.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lived there for 3 years.

Not one place worth visiting in Luxembourg. Where are you staying?

Trier is well worth the visit, old roman town with Karl Marx house in Germany, not very far at all on the train (was 30 mins to drive).

Sounds ominous, not booked hotels yet but was going to get a hotel in Luxembourg City.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Sounds ominous, not booked hotels yet but was going to get a hotel in Luxembourg City.

Main thing is your away on holiday - theres always a few bars to sample the local brew and as someone else says get a train into Germany if your struggling for stuff to do.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Trier is worth it. If you are in City centre getting the train there will be no trouble at all and everyone in Trier speaks English.

Trier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Porta Nigra
- Karl Marx house
- Roman Amphitheatre

In Luxembourg go to Fourchette a droite for dinner (fork on the right) for a michellin restaurant - they did very cheap 2/3 course meals there for about 25 EUR per person when I was last there (might only be Sunday to Thursday though). It is in the main square.

Also go to Sofitel hotel near the train station, top floor has a swanky bar with a view of the whole city on the very top floor. There are two sofitels though, not the one near Kirchberg.

Vianden is nice but you might struggle to get there with no car. Mondorf Bains is good too for spa baths but again a car is really needed. In 3 years there, never found one bus driver who spoke English.

Do not go to the Mudam museum - probably the worst museum i have ever been to.

LCTO - Luxembourg City Tourist Office - Attractions

^ sums it up 'interesting buildings' and puts train station and post office.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Visit their football stadium, the Josie Bartell or whatever it's called, makes Withdean look like wembley! Went there with England about 15 years ago on a wet Wednesday in November I think!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So the gist of the thread seems to be that Luxembourg is SHIT

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The beach is amazing, the seawater is so warm.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently people only go there to stock up on baccy as the cheapest in Europe. A chap on a day trip to France told me it is worth the 2hr drive from Calais just to get baccy and fill up with fuel.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Just booked up a long weekend at the end of May to Luxembourg, bagged some flights for £10 return.

:clap:

Any recommendations of places to go and visit??

Where is this flying from. Just been on Ryan Air to have a look but cant see them flying to Luxembourg. Uncle lives there and its his 50th this year and I thought it may be good to pop over if not too expensive.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where is this flying from. Just been on Ryan Air to have a look but cant see them flying to Luxembourg. Uncle lives there and its his 50th this year and I thought it may be good to pop over if not too expensive.

It's from Manchester, the flights are actually to Brussels Charleroi but I've been told this is only an hours drive from the Airport into Luxembourg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here