Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton not selling

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
After listening last night to the new owners of Luton, they expressed their wish that no more players be sold unless a substantial bid came in.

Does this mean that Currie won't be on his way to us after all or will we be able to put in a 'substantial' bid???

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
After listening last night to the new owners of Luton, they expressed their wish that no more players be sold unless a substantial bid came in.

Does this mean that Currie won't be on his way to us after all or will we be able to put in a 'substantial' bid???

I think the boat has sailed:bigwave:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I Believe We're Better if We Just Try El-Abd On The Wing To See If His Height Works Against Small Full-Backs

Oh yes I was forgetting about ElAbds cultured wing play and prowess at corners and set pieces:rolleyes:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Did he not agree on Monday to join though after the FA Cup match ???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think it porbably was.... if they've got money they won't want Currie to go.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I heard that he was due back down here today for further talks (with wages being a bit of a stumbling block). This was yesterday so the Luton takeover may have changed this situation.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We were a bit slow there... should have got this sorted before the takeover at Luton... other players have been sold in that time... why not Currrie? Looks like an opportunity may have been missed...

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The BBC sports' news item about Blackwell's sacking (posted around 2pm today) lists the players that have left Luton so far and states that bids have been lodged for 3 players. Maybe that includes Currie?

I assume the new owners have not placed their funds into the club yet in which case the administrator will still be raising cash (selling players) to pay creditors?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The administrator has an obligation to sell assets to pay off the creditors. Until they new consortium shove their money in and purchase the club the administrator will still be asset stripping. The recent transfer receipts and the TV money have gone to pay the players wages but what I would like to know is how much of a percentage are the administrators taking as their fee ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The BBC sports' news item about Blackwell's sacking (posted around 2pm today) lists the players that have left Luton so far and states that bids have been lodged for 3 players. Maybe that includes Currie?

I assume the new owners have not placed their funds into the club yet in which case the administrator will still be raising cash (selling players) to pay creditors?

The administrator has accepted an offer by an unnamed club for goalkeeper Dean Brill while Calvin Andrew and Drew Talbot are considering offers from Plymouth.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Nick Owen did say that there are players who are currently negotiating with other clubs and he hopes they will now change their minds. So there will be more players leaving Luton. Currie is very likely to be one of them....but where will he go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here