Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Fan - Here in Peace.

KennyStandHatter

Feb 19, 2009
Been having a good nose at your opinions on here, and have a few things to say so thought I'd join up and have a brief chat.

First off - the sky tv box? Its standard, we have nowhere else to put it in our ground, the boxes aren't big enough to house one, and were not allowed to put a camera on the top of them. We rarely get camera's these days, but when we do and did (mainly in the Championship seasons), we always had 3 or 4 (the fourth being up in our home end behind the goal, dead cetnre, taking up the same number of seats). It brings us much, much more money than the fans were losing out on, and those fans will be able to watch it on the TV anyway.

I'd like to congratulate you however, it was brilliant to see our away end full and rocking. Gave us something to compete with, and I think we did a good job of it. Were too big for the conference, and won't see crowds like that again unless its a cup game, until we get into league one again. Hopefully back-to-back promotions. Best away support we've had at the Kenilworth all season.

I went home and away, and thought your fans were excellent at home also, even if the police did get too heavy handed (filming, shoving, constant 'no' answer to questions that should have been yes etc). Second time I've been to your stadium, and i'm glad we came to the Kenny for second leg, I didn't fancy running the 400 metre's to get onto the pitch!

On another serious note - don't feel offended by our pitch invasion, we came over for a bit of banter, and believe me - after the 4 or 5 rucks with police and breaking through there lines this season already - if we wanted hassle we'd have gone for you. It was just a laugh, and I'm sorry so many of you took it so badly after you tried to applaude us. I was one of those onto the pitch, and you were the subjects of 3 or 4 seasons of pure frustration, anger and hatred towards the FA, FL and Previous ownerships coming out. I've never felt happier as a Luton fan knowing i'm going to Wembley, never been to the old or new one before and vowed only to go there if Luton played there (due to FA/FL punishments this year).

Wembley is going to be a great day for us all, and regardless of the result in the final, I already feel brilliant. Were going to take around 30,000 I'd have thought, and theres going to be mass protests at the stadium itself, soho square pre and post match, and maybe other places. Were busy coming up with various mass protest idea's currently, and it should bring in revenue left, right and centre for the club. It should mean the losses we suffer from fallign out of the league, almost inevitably, will mean we break even or make a profit from the year due to this trip.

And just to clear up - I read the other day on here that were "going out of business soon anyway"... we've never been on such sound financial footing. I'm not saying were chelsea, but nothing could be further from the truth. I hope no club other than MK Dongs (I hate them with a passion, no history), go out of business altogether. Make sure you give them a drubbing for us!

And gettign beaten by Scunthorpe? You never know, footballs a funny ol' game. We've beaten about 4 teams in higher divisions to us this season now. Plymouth (H, Carling), Colchester (H), Walsall (A), You (H). We have always played better against better teams, and even beat brentford on penalties at home, and there flying.

Sorry about the long post, and any spelling errors. Hopefully its weeded out any people that are going to make silly replies. I wish you all the best in your survival bid, and I'm sorry you didn't get to Wembley, but we need this more than you! I'll check back for any replies, and reply where necessary or wanted.

All the best.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Great post KSH - just shows that in reality most fans feel the same way about their own clubs. I enjoyed seeing Stevie Foster in the crowd - a reminder of where both sides have come from and where we both might end up again.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
First of all your not to big for the conference just like Oxford and other ex league clubs who are there.You are there for a reason.Same as Leeds who are stuck in league 1.
As for wanting Wembley more then us,well thats a matter of opinion.
Any respect for you went out of the window when you were giving it the large.It has nothing to do with the FA as you put it.When we got the match abandoned against York City all those years ago our fans went straight over to them and sung York city,swapped tops etc.No aggression whatsoever or giving it.Myself i don't care who wins the JPT final now but as you have said you have beaten teams from a higher league but not a decent team like Scunthorpe.You will see how good they are when you play them.You beat them then you fully deserve the trophy and be crowned JPT champions.Not sour grapes from me but they will beat you and pretty comfortably i feel.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
First of all your not to big for the conference just like Oxford and other ex league clubs who are there.You are there for a reason.Same as Leeds who are stuck in league 1.
As for wanting Wembley more then us,well thats a matter of opinion.
Any respect for you went out of the window when you were giving it the large.It has nothing to do with the FA as you put it.When we got the match abandoned against York City all those years ago our fans went straight over to them and sung York city,swapped tops etc.No aggression whatsoever or giving it.Myself i don't care who wins the JPT final now but as you have said you have beaten teams from a higher league but not a decent team like Scunthorpe.You will see how good they are when you play them.You beat them then you fully deserve the trophy and be crowned JPT champions.Not sour grapes from me but they will beat you and pretty comfortably i feel.

That's frankly bollox, who gives a f*** if they gave it large, it's football not the theartre.

Good luck Luton I say, you may have some idiot fans, so have we - football should not be a prawn sandwich game.

Hope you win the final + bounce back next year

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's frankly bollox, who gives a f*** if they gave it large, it's football not the theartre.

Good luck Luton I say, you may have some idiot fans, so have we - football should not be a prawn sandwich game.

Hope you win the final + bounce back next year

Agree with that. :clap::clap::clap:

chalkmycue

Feb 17, 2009
Good luck Luton, shame about all the off field stuff be a shame to see drop to the confrence but hope you will come straight back up and build from that.

Good Luck:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why is everyone being so nice about Luton?
Good point, well made. They're an annoying two-bob nothing club with no fans throughout their history. And in my experience, the few fans they do have are either rational, likeable, proper football fans; or complete and utter SPASTICS. The majority of them fit into the second category.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Good point, well made. They're an annoying two-bob nothing club with no fans throughout their history. And in my experience, the few fans they do have are either rational, likeable, proper football fans; or complete and utter SPASTICS. The majority of them fit into the second category.

Bit like brighton then.

Dandyman

In London village.
Been having a good nose at your opinions on here, and have a few things to say so thought I'd join up and have a brief chat.

First off - the sky tv box? Its standard, we have nowhere else to put it in our ground, the boxes aren't big enough to house one, and were not allowed to put a camera on the top of them. We rarely get camera's these days, but when we do and did (mainly in the Championship seasons), we always had 3 or 4 (the fourth being up in our home end behind the goal, dead cetnre, taking up the same number of seats). It brings us much, much more money than the fans were losing out on, and those fans will be able to watch it on the TV anyway.

I'd like to congratulate you however, it was brilliant to see our away end full and rocking. Gave us something to compete with, and I think we did a good job of it. Were too big for the conference, and won't see crowds like that again unless its a cup game, until we get into league one again. Hopefully back-to-back promotions. Best away support we've had at the Kenilworth all season.

I went home and away, and thought your fans were excellent at home also, even if the police did get too heavy handed (filming, shoving, constant 'no' answer to questions that should have been yes etc). Second time I've been to your stadium, and i'm glad we came to the Kenny for second leg, I didn't fancy running the 400 metre's to get onto the pitch!

On another serious note - don't feel offended by our pitch invasion, we came over for a bit of banter, and believe me - after the 4 or 5 rucks with police and breaking through there lines this season already - if we wanted hassle we'd have gone for you. It was just a laugh, and I'm sorry so many of you took it so badly after you tried to applaude us. I was one of those onto the pitch, and you were the subjects of 3 or 4 seasons of pure frustration, anger and hatred towards the FA, FL and Previous ownerships coming out. I've never felt happier as a Luton fan knowing i'm going to Wembley, never been to the old or new one before and vowed only to go there if Luton played there (due to FA/FL punishments this year).

Wembley is going to be a great day for us all, and regardless of the result in the final, I already feel brilliant. Were going to take around 30,000 I'd have thought, and theres going to be mass protests at the stadium itself, soho square pre and post match, and maybe other places. Were busy coming up with various mass protest idea's currently, and it should bring in revenue left, right and centre for the club. It should mean the losses we suffer from fallign out of the league, almost inevitably, will mean we break even or make a profit from the year due to this trip.

And just to clear up - I read the other day on here that were "going out of business soon anyway"... we've never been on such sound financial footing. I'm not saying were chelsea, but nothing could be further from the truth. I hope no club other than MK Dongs (I hate them with a passion, no history), go out of business altogether. Make sure you give them a drubbing for us!

And gettign beaten by Scunthorpe? You never know, footballs a funny ol' game. We've beaten about 4 teams in higher divisions to us this season now. Plymouth (H, Carling), Colchester (H), Walsall (A), You (H). We have always played better against better teams, and even beat brentford on penalties at home, and there flying.

Sorry about the long post, and any spelling errors. Hopefully its weeded out any people that are going to make silly replies. I wish you all the best in your survival bid, and I'm sorry you didn't get to Wembley, but we need this more than you! I'll check back for any replies, and reply where necessary or wanted.

All the best.

Fair play to you - a proper fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here