Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lunch

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I know this thread pops up every other day but im hungry and im not sure what i should have for my lunch.

Whats everyone else having?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I made some Mature Cheddar and Coleslaw sarnies this morning, just about to tuck in !!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ham and cheese sarnies. Going for my lunch break in about 20 mins to tuck in to them.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Tubby Mondays said:
Tomorrow: Which seat on the train should I sit in?

I personally dislike travelling backwards on a train or bus. I once travelled to Gillingham on one of those double decker buses and had to sit in one of those backward facing seats on the lower deck. Horrible.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Downloaded Penguin said:
I personally dislike travelling backwards on a train or bus. I once travelled to Gillingham on one of those double decker buses and had to sit in one of those backward facing seats on the lower deck. Horrible.
The odds of surviving a train crash are greatly increased if you sit facing backwards.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had a ham and tomato roll earlier. It wasn't real ham, obviously, but Quorn pretend ham.

Anyway, I obviously peaked too soon and ate it too early. Those around me have just come back with paninis that smell fab so I am contemplating lunch take 2.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I shall be popping round the my local sarnie shop (Manna on Coombe Road) for a tuna mayo sarnie with lettuce, red onion, cucumber, dill pickle, sweetcorn and black papper on floury white bread in just a minute or 20.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Downloaded Penguin said:

Just as well the lovely surroundings and quality football made up for it when you arrived then.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I just had a vegetable samosa. My tongue and inner cheeks now tingle with foreign delight. Each pea in there is like a present and i silently say YES when i witness one's emergence. LIke a new-born green headless baby not screaming, just edible and wishing to try a new womb.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I recommend that you don't get a granary roll, with sweaty ham, for £1.20 from the big Polish guy in the sandwich van, that comes round our work.

It minged.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
hans kraay fan club said:
I recommend that you don't get a granary roll, with sweaty ham, for £1.20 from the big Polish guy in the sandwich van, that comes round our work.

It minged.

You are one class up from our sandwich man. He cycled with a miniature caravan being tugged by his aching legs and alien intent. He seems to have no licence for anything in particular.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Meade's_Ball said:
You are one class up from our sandwich man. He cycled with a miniature caravan being tugged by his aching legs and alien intent. He seems to have no licence for anything in particular.

Ours is a nice guy, but he pulls jars off the shelf at random, when he's making them.

He tried to convince me last week that Tuna, cheese and coleslaw is very popular. Possibly in Katowice, it might be!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Meade's_Ball said:

Sounds similar to ours. I felt so sorry for him, his presence was pointless.

Sandwich men visiting your place of work are useful if you work in some godforsaken industrial estate where the nearest shop is eight miles away. But our office is bang next to Oxford Circus, we're not exactly starved of lunchtime options.

Nevertheless, every day the sandwich man would pedal his wagon of snacks to our offices, then stand forlornly in our reception area. "Sannviches," he would announce mournfully, in an east European accent.

Not once did I see anyone buy anything from him.

After almost a year of this torture, it was gently put to him that he might want to remove us from his rounds.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
supernoodles and bread for me! im at home this week - woop!

our sandwich man used to come at 10:30, which was nice for a midmorning bacon roll or sausage sandwich or the like, now he comes at mid-day and charges alot more, and has f*** all left so we never bother any more, normally pop out to sainsburys at lunch or down the kebab shop for a chicken kebab! yummm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here