Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Varney & Lua Lua

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Woke up this afternoon (I'm on lates!) to a text from a mate (he's not very reliable!) that we are talking to both Lua Lua and Luke Varney. I see the Lua Lua thread. Anyone heard the Varney rumour?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
f*** knows.

Lualua reported [on here, fwiw] as arriving Thursday, to sign on loan to January.

Varney is at least a believable rumour.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Woke up this afternoon (I'm on lates!) to a text from a mate (he's not very reliable!) that we are talking to both Lua Lua and Luke Varney. I see the Lua Lua thread. Anyone heard the Varney rumour?

End. Of. Thread.

He did also say about Lua Lua, so had to give it some credability when I saw the other thread. :shrug:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Luke Varney was rumoured to be going to....................Southampton.
More recently linked with move to Sheff W.

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Luke Varney? No thanks.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Luke Varney would make a good L1 player. While it's true that his goals per £ record at Derby makes Ravanelli look like a shrewd investment, I think he's got something to offer. I do believe he is currently in the £15-20k bracket though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He's definitely on the way out, but look what Charlton had to say:

Charlton manager Phil Parkinson admits he is unlikely to be able to bring former Valley striker Luke Varney back to south-east London.

Parkinson asked about Varney's availability in the summer, while the 27-year-old was left out of Derby's squad at the weekend.

"Luke's a player we have enquired about, but we've enquired about 30 or 40 strikers". We're constantly searching and ringing managers up to see who's available, so there's certainly no concrete truth there."

30 or 40 strikers - so you get a glimpse into what Gus has been dealing with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here