Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What HACKS me off about it is that LuaLua seems to get dropped for far less than the others, and then do more to get back in. How Noone gets on ahead of him at the moment is beyond explanation.

GIVE ME LUALUA OR GIVE ME DEATH

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think we can probably assume that KLL isn't Gus' type of player - otherwise he'd be in the side regularly. But Gus knows best.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Noone came on today as an attacking full back......as he did for the home game v Burnley. Not sure Lua Lua can do this position. Having said that, Noone was poor today when he did come on....lost the ball at times which nearly cost us a 2nd goal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Noone came on today as an attacking full back......as he did for the home game v Burnley. Not sure Lua Lua can do this position. Having said that, Noone was poor today when he did come on....lost the ball at times which nearly cost us a 2nd goal.
That's never been a good idea though, we could have gone to three at the back or brought LuaLua on for someone else. Besides he should be coming on first, if he doesn't start, not third, imo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My opinion, fwiw, is that LuaLua is not 100% fit as he had a problem with his hamstrings which seemed to recur. Just a thought that the pitch at Burnley was also quite narrow which is why we started without wingers?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think we can probably assume that KLL isn't Gus' type of player - otherwise he'd be in the side regularly. But Gus knows best.
What is gus's type of player?gus loved lua lua last season and that's why he signed him.Gus needs to get a bloody grip,the only gus players seem to be defensive ones.

I'm sure if Gus was benched as a player, after proving effective and putting in good games, he'd have been a bit put out.
It's a question, for why Gus doesn't have a more consistent side sorted and let the fringe players work to get a place in that squad. It appears Gus wants to give everyone a few games alternately make it an easier season for individuals.
Whatever is worked out in training, I'm of the belief that teamwork understanding is best fashioned or cemented on the match-days.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
More than a passing resemblance to the 'Tinkerman' Claudio Ranieri's tactics?
What may work in theory does not always work out in practice!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
My opinion, fwiw, is that LuaLua is not 100% fit as he had a problem with his hamstrings which seemed to recur. Just a thought that the pitch at Burnley was also quite narrow which is why we started without wingers?
Burnley however started with two wingers and what jy they got was from those positions with our midfield offering them free reign down the flanks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone remember when we brought him back on loan last season?

Albion have to be careful with LuaLua From The Argus)

A few highlights from the article:

Albion are nursing Kazenga LuaLua through games to avoid the risk of more injury problems.

LuaLua’s loan spell with the Seagulls last season was interrupted by hamstring trouble.
Manager Gus Poyet said: “We are trying to use him the best way we can without risking an injury, that is the main thing with Kaz.
LuaLua revealed to The Argus: “My hamstring is something I need to be careful with. Newcastle said that to me and they said that to Brighton.
“I want to start every game but I’ve got a problem with my hamstring. I can’t play on Saturday and Tuesday because the games are too close.

“That was exactly the same last season. When I was playing Saturday and Tuesday I kept doing my hamstring every time.”

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

I think, judging by the fact that Gus signed Kazenga on 3 different occasions before agreeing a fee for him, it's fair to say that's absolute nonsense.

It's baffling why he doesn't play more though, Gus doesn't seem to have a clue how to approach games away from home at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here