Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
When he plays or comes on as a substitute he almost always makes a difference, creates chances and worries the hell out of opposing defenders. So why does he play so rarely? In my view he is one of our stand out players so why use him as a fringe player? And what is the point of having Razak and Assulin on loan but not playing them? Razak is a powerful, offensive midfielder, destined, according to City fans, for great things in the Premiership. And yet Navarro and Dicker start ahead of him? Still delighted with how the season has panned out but I'll never understand Gus' tactics or thinking.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Not just your view, it's plain to see for anyone who knows anything about football he's the best and most dangerous left winger we have... He must have upset Gus somewhere along the line to have been left on the bench today whilst someone who can't cross and has very little end product gets on ahead of him... Either that or Gus totally lost the plot today.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It seems gus drops him after a great performance all the time,wasted talent that most managers would love in this league.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
His our most in-form winger at present so a little puzzling.

Noone was the start of the show early season, Buckley took over that mantle half way through the season and most recently Lua Lua has shone.

Personally I would love us to play two wingers with Vicente just behind the front striker as this would suit are strengths.

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
when he plays or comes on as a substitute he almost always makes a difference, creates chances and worries the hell out of opposing defenders. So why does he play so rarely? In my view he is one of our stand out players so why use him as a fringe player? And what is the point of having razak and assulin on loan but not playing them? Razak is a powerful, offensive midfielder, destined, according to city fans for great things. And yet navarro and dicker start ahead of him? Still delighted with how the season has panned out but i'll never understand gus' tactics or thinking.

don't you ever dare question gus.

I do agree. Reason? Gus has lost the plot.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not just your view, it's plain to see for anyone who knows anything about football he's the best and most dangerous left winger we have... He must have upset Gus somewhere along the line to have been left on the bench today whilst someone who can't cross and has very little end product gets on ahead of him... Either that or Gus totally lost the plot today.
Gus lost the plot before today's game. The starting line up was never going to work. No wingers= no service for CMS and Vokes

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
don't you ever dare question gus.

I do agree. Reason? Gus has lost the plot.

I would never be so bold - to question Gus that is.

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Gus lost the plot before today's game. The starting line up was never going to work. No wingers= no service for CMS and Vokes

What excuse will Gus give in his interview? Same old f***ing shit. He's to blame not the players.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The other thing to remember is how well Lua Lua seems to read Vicente and vice versa. Just don't understand why they're not given more time to build that relationship, because it has the potential to make opposition defenders look very stupid indeed, and with CMS picking up the scraps ...

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton

f*** sake, Please dont make me agree with you for the second time this season.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Have to agree all round, all season ive wanted lua lua on the pitch much more, seems to me that gus constantly changes his mind, u do well one game youre in the next but its soon forgotten, too much tinkering, I think we need to look at the relative abilities of players, the talented ones need to play...all the time, we've created the second least chances of any team. I would have buckley, kaz and vicente plus holding midfielder all day

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
In hindsight,Lua Lua would have been a better option than Noone.Buckley was Ok.
Oh if only we could have more foresight before hindsight.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
When he plays or comes on as a substitute he almost always makes a difference, creates chances and worries the hell out of opposing defenders. So why does he play so rarely? In my view he is one of our stand out players so why use him as a fringe player? And what is the point of having Razak and Assulin on loan but not playing them? Razak is a powerful, offensive midfielder, destined, according to City fans, for great things in the Premiership. And yet Navarro and Dicker start ahead of him? Still delighted with how the season has panned out but I'll never understand Gus' tactics or thinking.

I will agree with that,will just add that from the Goal keeper up to mid field we are sound but the strikers are not good enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here