Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua - MRI Scan

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Spoke to a mate of mine this morning ( he was hobling badly on the school run ) and told me he had an MRI scan on his problematic leg in Brighton last friday......he said that in the waiting room was a guy in an Albion logo'd top along with Lua Lua who was also having scans.

Not very exciting I know but maybe why the delay !!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
could well be the case and given his history would probably be a standard element of his medical before signing so needn't mean anything except perhaps he is a small step closer to joining us.

I still hold to the view that any delay is down to agreeing the fee and add-ons with Toon rather than any sinister health issues and I think today and tomorrow might be quite interesting in terms of some transfer activity as Gus looks to put the bones of a squad together before returning to training next week. No inside sources just common sense!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I suspect that the whole thing is about the insurance company insisting that he have additional scans on his recent injury.

Given Brighton haven't previously made a habit of spending £1m+ on a player I reckon the next level of what they need to do to keep the insurance company happy has kicked in. Probably something the club were not aware of until they went to sign him and insure him. So purely admin I would say.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
On the other thread it says he has a metal plate in his ankle. You can't have an MRI scan if you have a metal plate in you!

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
On the other thread it says he has a metal plate in his ankle. You can't have an MRI scan if you have a metal plate in you!

Yes you can, it depends on what the metal is and how much of it there is.

Titanium for instance, is not ferromagnetic.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm sure it's just a case of dotting "i"s and crossing "t"s. The guy is coming, but isn't just not as straightforward a deal as some of us would like. £1.5m, and a recently broken leg, combined with previous hamstring problems. Medical procedures, for both us and the insurance company.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Presumably your mate had the MRI scan at a Private Hospital? I think the Albion use the Nuffield at Woodingdean for a lot of their players.

Cant imagine Lua Lua waiting at the Sussex County.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Presumably your mate had the MRI scan at a Private Hospital? I think the Albion use the Nuffield at Woodingdean for a lot of their players.

Cant imagine Lua Lua waiting at the Sussex County.

You would like to think they would go private - just imagine going in to the Sussex County and coming out with more illnesses than you went in with! And the waiting time!

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Its worth waiting a few more days to ensure we dont buy a player who is going to be injury prone,particularly at his price.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
could well be the case and given his history would probably be a standard element of his medical before signing so needn't mean anything except perhaps he is a small step closer to joining us.

I still hold to the view that any delay is down to agreeing the fee and add-ons with Toon rather than any sinister health issues and I think today and tomorrow might be quite interesting in terms of some transfer activity as Gus looks to put the bones of a squad together before returning to training next week. No inside sources just common sense!

I haven't read all the previous thread(s) about this, could the delay be down to lua Lua wanting to be certain that he will not be figuring in Newcastles plans any time soon? As the report about his 'come and get me' plea said, he hadn't heard anything from the Newcastle manager about his future so maybe that has something to do with the delay (if he is even coming here)

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Spoke to a mate of mine this morning ( he was hobling badly on the school run ) and told me he had an MRI scan on his problematic leg in Brighton last friday......he said that in the waiting room was a guy in an Albion logo'd top along with Lua Lua who was also having scans.

Not very exciting I know but maybe why the delay !!!

Which hospital was this at?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here