Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua - Just how good is he?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Are people just wanting him back here due to the excitement that he brings with his pace and ability to beat a man, rather than what he can bring to the team? He can't really cross, or have a decent shot on him, does he? I admit, he is one of the most exciting players I've seen play in the stripes at the 'Dean, but is he good enough, all-round, to start every week, in a team that should be aiming for the play offs? Is there no-one better we could bring in on the left wing?

All about opinions I suppose.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Are people just wanting him back here due to the excitement that he brings with his pace and ability to beat a man, rather than what he can bring to the team? He can't really cross, or have a decent shot on him, does he? I admit, he is one of the most exciting players I've seen play in the stripes at the 'Dean, but is he good enough, all-round, to start every week, in a team that should be aiming for the play offs? Is there no-one better we could bring in on the left wing?

All about opinions I suppose.

Not only that, but his pace causes defences to double up on him, opening up space elsewhere. You could say the same for Theo Walcott playing for Arsenal- do not underestimate the value of pace. He's the fastest player I've ever seen!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't say he's fast, but when he turns out his bedroom light he's in bed before its dark.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Without his pace he would be an average player. At League One level, his pace is very very useful.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not only that, but his pace causes defences to double up on him, opening up space elsewhere. You could say the same for Theo Walcott playing for Arsenal- do not underestimate the value of pace. He's the fastest player I've ever seen!

That's the key. He frightens defences and pulls defenders out of position - leaving space for the midfielders to run into.

Plus he's young and improving. Gus will bring out the best in him.... if we get him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Obviously his pace at present is his greatest attribute, but he is still a young man with little first team football under his belt.

He will be a quality signing and a qulity player one day. More than good enough for us and present and fits in with our style of play escpecially away from home perfectly.

Hes only going to get better and better.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
His pace and skill create so much space and so many chances which creates all kinds of problems for the oppositions defence, he makes teams worry and puts us on the front foot each time he gets the ball. And his crossing must be getting better, i mean that cross he put in for Ashley Barnes against saints was Milimetere perfert. He is young and has a long time to work on his finishing and crossing, hopefully Gus and Tano can teach him there wise ways :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just remember him raping that Southampton fullback before delivering a PEACH of a cross for Barnes's goal.

TRHK is spot on. He occupies defenders. Someone HAS to stay on him, else one simple ball down the channel and he's in behind, they won't see him for dust.

I also LOVE the way he can just knock the ball 10 yards past the fullback and BURN past them from a standing start. Glorious to watch.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
His pace is shit hot , just a pity some of his crosses are bad and his attempts on goal missing the target.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
His pace and skill create so much space and so many chances which creates all kinds of problems for the oppositions defence, he makes teams worry and puts us on the front foot each time he gets the ball.

This is what I LOVED about watching him, when we'd break you knew if the out ball towards him was half decent that was going to win the race with the defender every time, and the pressure was immediately off our defence.

There's something about his raw pace and energy that even got the Withdean crowd going at points.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Most crosses will ultimately come to nothing, that doesn't always mean it was a poor cross. Just as long as its clearing the first defender and isn't a dolly into the keepers hands, then I think it can still be described as having been an 'end product' from the wingers point of view.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Most crosses will ultimately come to nothing, that doesn't always mean it was a poor cross. Just as long as its clearing the first defender and isn't a dolly into the keepers hands, then I think it can still be described as having been an 'end product' from the wingers point of view.

A good cross is when the striker or any other player has little work to do except make contact.
Over hit crosses are just as bad as ones failing to clear the first defender.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i suppose if he was that good he would not be being loaned out at all, but in this league worth his weight in gold, theres always room for improvement in any young player and hopefully newcastle see poyets style of football the right place for Lua Lua to hone his skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here