Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua deal or no deal (lets move on)

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I really enjoyed watching him when he was fit and i think he would be great for us next season.

......BUT he is just one man and i think that pardew is just being an arse.

If Lua Lua wants to come to us i think he will be free next year so lets call pardews bluff and wait.

We have seen some great players come and go.

LETS JUST MOVE ON, IN GUS WE TRUST :bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Who says it's Pardew being an arse? Perhaps we are the party being unreasonable?
Negotiations take time, dont give up just because it's been ongoing for a few weeks. Glad you're not in charge of our negotiations though!

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
who says it's pardew being an arse? Perhaps we are the party being unreasonable?
Negotiations take time, dont give up just because it's been ongoing for a few weeks. Glad you're not in charge of our negotiations though!

morning :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who says it's Pardew being an arse? Perhaps we are the party being unreasonable?

Well said. And people really should take note of which posters on here are saying what. Those with credible sources have said for a long time now 'He failed the medical - we are going back in for a loan to buy or a lower fee' - and so far this has been proved completely CORRECT. The argus etc and some of NSC only cottened on to the loan possibility about a week and a half AFTER some credible people announced it on here :facepalm:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lets not move on until this season one is dead in the water, which by the way i think it is far from.

You dont just give up on key signings because negotiations take some time. Id be happy for this one to go on for another fortnight if the right outcome was obtained.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes we have to move on, But sometimes one player can make all the difference, we saw it in Peter Ward, Bobby Z and I have a feeling Lua Lua could be the next great Brighton Hero. Yes I think he is that good.
F**k it lets pay them what they want !!

I think if the toon don't budge we will do just this. We had a price agreed and he was all but signed before the medical problems. We're just negotiating and will probably up our offer to what it was if Newcastle don't budge IMO. Gus knows this. He is very careful what he says to the media / the Argus especially!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The Argus stated "Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was back at work after holiday yesterday ", so, if he has been on holiday for the last two weeks either he has nothing to do with the transfer and someone else does the negotiaiting etc. or they were waiting for him to get back...

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I really enjoyed watching him when he was fit and i think he would be great for us next season.

......BUT he is just one man and i think that pardew is just being an arse.

If Lua Lua wants to come to us i think he will be free next year so lets call pardews bluff and wait.

We have seen some great players come and go.

LETS JUST MOVE ON, IN GUS WE TRUST :bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

"lets just move on" by that you mean open up a new thread! good plan. Only thing I agree with that you posted was about trusting our manager :bhasign:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
no 9.30am story in the Argus on-line this morning.

maybe it's an omen that they have a live story ready to break later?

or of course it could just be there is nothing to report :)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As good as KLL is I don't buy this pay whatever it takes stance from some supporters. This is a player with a lot of promise but with no proven experience at a higher level. The price we pay should reflect that and the fact he only has a year to run on his contract.

Given the points above we are in a strong negotiating position which may be what is causing the delay. I would be happy if we took him on loan again and he signed on a free next summer.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I checked Twitter and noted that all the positive Lua Lua comments of the last month or so had been deleted and his pic in his Albion top with the league 1 trophy had gone back to the picture that was there before.

I am not getting good vibes about this.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my thoughts on this are that we have found a problem with KLL and tried to get the price reduced and the Toon are having none of it then the loan thing came up which is reasonable as by January we would know if this would affect his play in any way ...but then if you think about that the Toon would find it hard to off load someone who is injury prone if we said no to a transfer permanently so the whole thing has become a bit of an impasse.

I am sure that if the Toon reduced the price a little we would take him as Gus see's KLL as one of the major pieces to his jigsaw so maybe it is up to Pardew as he is the man who will have to manage or not.

the saga continues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here