Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty Scheme

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone know what points are awarded for ST renewal or do we not get any?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nothing announced but I suspect there will be points given as a bonus.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do points from this season get carried over ?

I sincerely hope so , although there are a sizeable number of fans who want the points total reset to zero

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wouldn't be the JCL's would it? I mean, that'd be a MAJOR surprise...

:whistle:

Some fans don't want the loyalty points to accumulate season by season as they perceive it could mean losing out getting a ticket for a "big" game whereas they would have a better chance if everyone had few LP.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Am I being thick. JCL's?

JCL = Johnny Come Lately (a newbie STH or fan at The Amex , regardless of the fact they may have followed the club for 40 years but chose not to go to Withdean)

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
it would be a shambles of a system if the LP are not carried over...loyalty lasts forever...not one season

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
JCL = Johnny Come Lately (a newbie STH or fan at The Amex , regardless of the fact they may have followed the club for 40 years but chose not to go to Withdean)

Many thanks. Everyone is a newbie at The Amex but I get your point.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
it would be a shambles of a system if the LP are not carried over...loyalty lasts forever...not one season

Agree , should be another thousand for renewls on top of what they have acumulaated this year. new season tickets should get a thousnd to start with and whatever they have accumulated this year added to it.

So i'd have 1000 this year s/t plus 150 cup games and aways plus 1000 for new s/t =2150 not great but ok .
Pity i couldn,t have all the points backdated to '79 LOL

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So the 7,000 that went to Withdean also went to The Amex, clever people. What did they do just sit and watch the construction. :p

Out of the 7,000 some went to Gillingham during the years in exile and have cult status.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Out of the 7,000 some went to Gillingham during the years in exile and have cult status.

I think you are missing my sarchastic point. Everyone is a newbie at The Amex because it was not there last season.

Fair play to those that went to Gillingham I agree they should have Cult Status. Personally I never went there but had many a soggy night at Withdean.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think you are missing my sarchastic point. Everyone is a newbie at The Amex because it was not there last season.

Fair play to those that went to Gillingham I agree they should have Cult Status. Personally I never went there but had many a soggy night at Withdean.

Some Albion fans are not so newbie as others :lol: despite it being their 1st season at The Amex. p.s. I got the sarcasm.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
It's interesting how they plan the future. The main problem being how unbalanced the system is now.

I have been to a lot of games home and away. More games than any STH has been to by just going to the home games. Yet I only have a third of the points of a STH.

Assuming the loyalty system is kept running in its current form. We get the new seats and I am able to buy a season ticket next year. I have no chance of ever getting a ticket for any high profile away game/cup tickets. Because I will never catch up with the renewing STH. But hang on I have been going to away games this year. Surely I should have priority for away games next.

Never going to happen. In conclusion the loyalty system is not sustainable in its current format. Because no-body buying a ST for the first time this year will be able to get big away/cup game tickets for bloody ages. No matter how many matches they went to this season.

Or last season for that matter. No loyalty points for match by match last season. But 250 points to those STH's again.

Make you own decision on fair or unfair. I just have to rely on others not wanting to go to get my tickets for palace/saints/liverpool etc. And boosting their LP in the process, even though it's my dollar.

Another great idea by the Albion. Poorly executed IMO.

(takes cover, waits for ensuing bombardment from STH for the last 127000 years)

Ps I went to the goldstone, gillingham nearly every game. Since i was 15 Held a ST a withdean for 4 years.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Ps I went to the goldstone, gillingham nearly every game. Since i was 15 Held a ST a withdean for 4 years.

I was a STH at Gillingham but I think my loyalty for that has already been rewarded, by being given a seat at Withdean. The club needs to decide who they are now rewarding and why. In certain Premiership clubs it re-sets to zero each year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here