Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lowest Albion crowd

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I read that it was 1,467 last night which got me wondering what the lowest crowd is that The Albion have ever played a competive first team match in front of as that sounds awfully small to me, and was anyone on NSC there (at the lowest crowd game, not last night)?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was a midweek game at Gillingham, on a Champion's League evening, where the crowd was around 1400 from memory. I was there and we lost but I can't remember who it was against.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
There was a midweek game at Gillingham, on a Champion's League evening, where the crowd was around 1400 from memory. I was there and we lost but I can't remember who it was against.

It may have been Barnet and I think we lost 3-0,

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I ccan't imagine there were too many at the Auto Windsreens game in Gillingham against Millwall, although they brought a few down.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was at a match that I think had one of the loweset-ever postwar Goldstone league crowds: In was about 1973 and there were about 5000 of us watching Brighton beat Gillingham (I think) 2-0. Pat Saward was sacked shortly after.

Five years later and the crowds had gone up to 25,000.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I went to the rearranged York City game, after the first one was abandoned due to the pitch invasion. It was played at something like 11am on a Tuesday (I think) to prevent more 'trouble'. Can't have been many of us there...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
i went to the rearranged york city game, after the first one was abandoned due to the pitch invasion. It was played at something like 11am on a tuesday (i think) to prevent more 'trouble'. Can't have been many of us there...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If you don't want to go back more than 100 years,then some of the smallest must have been at the Priestfield Astrodome.The FLC game against Orient attracted 1,073.Peterboro 1,215 ,Rochdale 1,544, Lincoln 1,036, Barnet 1,025,several more under 2,000.The following season Northampton drew 1,291 though only one other was under 2,000,Plymouth.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I went to a Plymouth away match, midweek, in the Auto Shite Cup, we won on pens, there were about 50 of us!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
What about the F.A Cup replay at home to Walton & Hersham in '73 ?
It was played midweek during the day because of the power blackouts .
Couldn't of been too many at that one .
Remember the match being played whilst at school ( The Neville ) just up the road .

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I ccan't imagine there were too many at the Auto Windsreens game in Gillingham against Millwall, although they brought a few down.

Yep, I was at that one, and then shared a London bound train back with a load of jubilant Millwall after the game. That was grim.

Surely the lowest was the re-arranged fixture after the pitch invasion vs York.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What about the F.A Cup replay at home to Walton & Hersham in '73 ?
It was played midweek during the day because of the power blackouts .
Couldn't of been too many at that one .
Remember the match being played whilst at school ( The Neville ) just up the road .

9,657. Quite a lot were sensible Nev kids who were sick that day........and sicker later !

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Was it our last season at the Goldsone when there was a boycott of the match. Archer and Bellotti gave the oficial attendance as quite high because they counted all the season ticket holders even though they weren't there. Would love to know what the real attendance was that night!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I was at a game against West Brom at the Goldstone in the Full Member's Cup in 1985. I have an idea the crowd was only about 1100 (or was it 1800?). It was certainly small because that was the only time I won the draw they used to have and my winnings weren't much. We lost the game as well.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I was at the game against Lincoln at Gillingham played in October 1997. It was absolutely freezing & the stewards watched me change baby Emily in the stand before telling me I could have used the executive suite toilets:angry: The crowd that night was 1036 which at the time was the all time lowest ever crowd for an Albion first team game. In the following weeks it went down even further to 1025 against Barnet. So, as far as I am aware, 1025 is the lowest ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here