Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Low-level flight over NYC

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Panicked a lot of people in NYC. The Building I was in was evacuated as a precaution. Three of the people I work with had witnessed the twin towers attack and were understandably very upset. Mayor Bloomberg is very pissed off with Washington as he had not been informed of the “exercise”

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps I've been naive but I always assumed that since the first Moon Landing humans had been back there plenty of times?

Surely as technology has advanced it would've gotten much easier to do this?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Panicked a lot of people in NYC. The Building I was in was evacuated as a precaution. Three of the people I work with had witnessed the twin towers attack and were understandably very upset. Mayor Bloomberg is very pissed off with Washington as he had not been informed of the “exercise”

This needless and crummy exercise shows a massive disregard for the feelings of the NYC citizens. No wonder they were freaked out. Whatever was the Pentagon thinking? Heads need to roll.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Perhaps I've been naive but I always assumed that since the first Moon Landing humans had been back there plenty of times?

Surely as technology has advanced it would've gotten much easier to do this?

Cant remember exactly when concorde took to the sky but it must be 30 years ago,technology hasnt really moved on much from there either really

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
God bless America!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
makes you wonder how those dimwits ever landed on the moon

Especially when you consider that the computer on board Apollo 11 had just 32k of memory!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cant remember exactly when concorde took to the sky but it must be 30 years ago,technology hasnt really moved on much from there either really

so the new Outer Space Virgin Plane thingy that goes into space for abit then comes abck to Earth Air means technology has'nt moved on?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
so the new Outer Space Virgin Plane thingy that goes into space for abit then comes abck to Earth Air means technology has'nt moved on?

no. well not unless you have 5 million quid for a standard return ticket,and going by the law of averages i would suggest getting the one way option at a knock down 2.5 mill

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
no. well not unless you have 5 million quid for a standard return ticket,and going by the law of averages i would suggest getting the one way option at a knock down 2.5 mill

well it was dubbed "the next generation concorde" by the designers so regardless of cost technology has moved on in this area :thumbsup:

as for the Moon landings yeah it SUCKS that we cant even get a bloke playing golf on Mars yet :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here