Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOW HOME+AWAY FOLLOWING (its getting silly now)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
WHAT IS GOING ON???

i know we had lost our previous two home games,but this is getting really bad now,our away following hasnt been the same since we left div 2 last time+this season home+away has been really poor!
i know that at home is a lot of money for non-season ticket holders,but were 3rd from top,not bottom!

sort it out all you i cant be arsed withdean moaners!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
+who are you?

why dont you put your point accross or opinion,instead of slagging me off!

:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
im ben andrews girlfriend aka laura. hello

ok, i disagree with you. if you went to notts county the atmosphere was great. who cares how many people are there?? Withdean has always been piss poor for atmosphere. The away attendance has been really good away, yes i admit not as much as a couple of years back - but then we were a club that had just been promoted - of course people will go and watch a team on the up, hence why the likes of manchester united and chelsea has so many people that "support."

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wel although I was there I can understand the reluctance of many to go. Sveral poor results, lousy weather and Christmas shopping plus paying £22 for the privelidge ?

Okay, a decent run and it'll fill up again in January. The fact that you can't pay on the day doesn't help although now you can buy tickets online might. However, how many posters are there on NSC ? Point is that no everybody has online access plus, let's face it, the club shop is not that easy to get to (or get through to on the phone either).

You have a point but I don't think there's any need to panic.

We must pay the highest entry fee in the division for what must be the worst ground in the same. Yes I know why we pay so much and (sorry if I sound like Dwayne) I can afford it. You take a couple of kids for example and you're talking a fairly large some for 90 minutes 'entertainment'. It's not that to understand why the gate was poor.

Should also add that more than a few season ticket holders may have passed on the game thanks to bad wether and bad results, there was a guy on the SCR phone in who was a season ticket holder who said he didn't bother because of the afore mentioned.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
i did go too notts c+it was the best its been for a while,but the away days have defo lost their edge!

peterborough this season was a joke,weve taken double that b4+our league position is very good!

withdean had been poor from day 1 +we know why! but the fact is for a team thats doing very well in the league with a new manager,we should be getting bigger gates than our mid table div 3 side!

and it does matter how many go,because we need the money+support of as many as we can get!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Point is, Brighton fans have always been a bit fickle. When Man City were in the second their support didn't waver cos of the weather or a bad run etc.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
good shout penguin!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think you'll find it did it's just it makes more difference when you are getting 23,000 instead of 24,000 than it does when you're getting 5,600 instead of 6,600.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Who can blame the people who don't go? Take my old man for instance. When we were at the Goldstone he went more or less every game for 25 years. He would go if we got Falmer but doesn't go to Withdean because;

(a) Its hassle getting tickets.
(b) In his own words he hates being 'treated like a criminal' if he dares to park anywhere near the ground.
(c) At the age of near on 60 he doesn't like sitting in the rain and cold
(d) It has no atmosphere.
(e) Its too expensive.

Take the cinema for example £5 to watch a film in the warm and often a guaranteed happy ending. No-one can argue footy is overpriced.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good call Hannibal.

I know how your old man feels about the parking situation-if it was an athletics meeting or anything other than The Albion there are no parking restrictions. It totally pisses me off that we are all considered vermin by local residents by virtue of being football supporters..

If most other clubs had to put up with such a shit place to watch football I dare say they would all lose support-it isn't just an Albion thing. Can you imagine ManUre/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/et al's fans getting on shuttle buses every week to sit in a ground with terrible facilities, lousy over-priced food, no protection from the elements followed by another bus ride to get back to their cars?

I don't think so...For us to get over 6500 regularly for 4 seasons+ is outstanding considering there has been nothing like 'turn up and pay on the day' since we moved into Withdean.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
agreed it is alot of money to pay and for people to sit in the rain,especially older folk is asking too much!

but i wouldnt go as far as saying our gates have been outstanding past few years,because afetr gillingham, a bus ride or a tiny bit of hassle from a jobs worth in a orange coat is a small price to pay for playing in your own city!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If any floating supporters went to an Albion game for the first time or for the first time for a while against Bristol City I would be suprised if they would want to go again for 5 years !.

There are 4000 fans who are prepared to pay £ 20 to watch poor football in the pouring rain for 2 and a half hours with a bin bag liner covering their legs.

We have lost 500 - 1000 fans this season as the football has been bloody atrocious and we on NSC put up with it but the floating supporter will not.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I went to the Bristol game with a fan who hadn't been since the Goldstone days, he's moved back into the area. I'm hoping that disaster hasn't put him off too much.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Oi BYF leave it out, stop giving people grief for not going to home/away games

Don't recall a Burberry clad numpty (ie YOU) at such games as Blackpool away (petrol crisis era), Hull away on friday night, Darlo, Lincoln, Scunnie midweek, etc, etc, all away games we've had over the last few years but I don't think you've been to??

Stop trying to make out you are some sort of Brighton Super Fan, that goes home and away religiously, because you are not. My guess is that you've just jumped on the coat-tails of our success for the last year or so, so shut the f*** up youth boy

People don't go to games for various reasons, but its certainly not for you, johnny come lately boy, to pass judgement on them

Dandyman

In London village.
In terms of a good day out I actually prefer away games.

I might change my mind as the Arctic wind blows in at Prenton Park, mind you :eek:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
DANCIN NINJA you absolute fcukin muppet,who the fcuk are you to pass judgement on what games ive been to??

yes i was at the blackpool game in the petrol crisis singing "weve got all the petrol+im not gonna go through every game,im not making out to be a super fan!

i did 90% away games in div 3 mid table season (under adams)

same in div 3 champ season

85% in div 2 champ season

so ive been there +done it,obvoisly more than you,you big mouth clown!:angry:

dancing how many you been to this season,not saying i go more than any1 else or that makes me more of a fan,just your the 1 with the gob on?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Did you go to Blackpool away because you were living in Manchester at the time?!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
i wasnt at the time,i was there for a year+that year was last year (while we were in div 1)

anyway fatboy you know ive beeen goin solid for years??????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here