Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lost

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
There will be three more series of Emmy-winning TV show Lost before it finally ends in 2010.

A "highly-anticipated and shocking finale" is being planned by TV network ABC, which acknowledged viewers may drift away unless the drama concludes.

Each series will be 16 episodes with no mid-season break, following complaints the last series was divided in two.

The desert-island programme, which stars Evangeline Lilly and Matthew Fox, follows the survivors of a plane crash.

They are stranded in a mysterious location and must come to terms with the other inhabitants of the island as well as the isolation of their new home.

'Deserved' ending

"Due to the unique nature of the series, we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout and to give the audience the pay-off they deserve," said Stephen McPherson, the president of ABC Entertainment.

Two of the people responsible for the programme - executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse - have agreed to remain until the end of the run.

They said in a joint statement that they had always thought of Lost as a show "with a beginning, middle and end", and hoped fans would be happy knowing that it would now "play out as we've intended".

Lost was once watched by more than 20 million viewers each week in the US.

However, the most recent series drew audiences of about 12 million in its Wednesday evening timeslot.

Viewing figures in the UK have also slipped since it moved to Sky from Channel 4.

I work that out as an 8 month break in between the last 3 series, thats TO DARN LONG :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
first series was good...lost interest after that.

a bit like 24

and allo allo....went on too long and captain berterelli was rubbish when replaces by roger kitter:angry: :angry: :angry:

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
don't have sky here so every thursday morning i'm downloading each episode. will definately see it all the way through to the end but it is starting to get a little silly already! last week's episode suggests that they are all in fact already dead. i'm not sure how long they keep it up - the makers seem to be running out of ideas already.

5 series still far too long in my opinion. but that's american tv for you - don't know when to end making a successful programme (friends, 24, prison break etc) until they just run it into the ground. at least with tv over here we know when to stop (office)! i can see myself getting very dissappointed over time. still, what else is there to do on a thursday morning?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
It's going to be VERY hard work for anyone in the UK to avoid hearing about the ending if it's shown in the US months earlier.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Wozza said:
It's going to be VERY hard work for anyone in the UK to avoid hearing about the ending if it's shown in the US months earlier.

not if you love Torrents its not

:)

Re: Re: Re: Lost

Woodchip said:
Only saw one episode of heroes and it looks quality. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can see all of them.

Far better than Lost.

On Sci-Fi now (six weeks behind though)
On BBC2 in the autumn

But yeah, the DVD set is a MUST!

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Re: Re: Lost

captainmorganrum said:
And Heroes is ending in a few weeks.

WOE IS ME!
:(

Heroes is the best thing on tele - FACT!!

I've got episode 21 to watch tonight - last weeks was awesome!!! About 9 ahead of the UK I think.

For those those that have missed it, it's apparetly goign to be on BBC2 in June. So they say...

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
footychick said:
But if you stick with it, it all starts to make sense - sort of:lol:
all starts to make sense?! every question that is half answered throws up another hundred new ones! apparently it can all be explained by science......

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Benny Seagull said:
all starts to make sense?! every question that is half answered throws up another hundred new ones! apparently it can all be explained by science......

:clap: lost the plot (excuse pun) by missing one episode

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here