Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like the worst secret

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so some numpty on a blog actually thinks this story is true and will be "exposed"? ffs, if there were any truth it would have been released abroad by now. the Terry thing came out because they attempted a gagging order and it was sucessfully challanged in about a week. this rumour is far too old to be remotly true.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Been doing the rounds for ages this one and if true I think would have been all over the papers by now. After all they did not waste any time releasing the terry story.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Heard this some months ago - I think it has to come into the realms of "urban myths".
Mind you on that West Ham blog they mention Upson for captain and I heard several yeras ago that the News of the Screws were only waiting for the right moment to break a story about him - I wonder if this could be the "right" time

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It sounds like poop, especially as he also says 'with advertising rates going through the roof', now my understanding is that advertising rates have plumetted, unless of course there has been a sea change in the economy while I've been away.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It sounds like poop, especially as he also says 'with advertising rates going through the roof', now my understanding is that advertising rates have plumetted, unless of course there has been a sea change in the economy while I've been away.

My understanding of that passage is that the story will lead to he paper increasing circulation, which would then lead to the advertising rates going through the ceiling. The blogger isn't saying they currently are, but that they will as a result.

Not that I necessarily agree, or believe it will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here