Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to next season

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Whether it`s Premier league or Panda pop league.
We will have a good season regardless.
I quite enjoy the Championship as you tend to get as few good games through the season and anything can happen. Just look at your luck v Leeds,Sunderland, and then bang back to normality and looking at the dreaded drop when only 6 weeks ago you looked good to stay up.
So it`s not all bad and it`s a competitive division to get out of.

Last edited:

I have to agree with croydonbloke (jesus - just imagine it - agreeing with someone from Surrey!) about the Championship. It's a much better league to be in than the Premiership. The games are much more interesting, the league as a whole is much more competitive (at both ends of the table), you can get tickets (which aren't stupidly expensive) and the fans are much, much more enthusiastic and sing more - so the atmosphere at games is much better. I tried to convince a Pompey-supporting mate that they should seek to join Southampton and Palace in the Championship next season because he would enjoy it much more. He's actually starting to agree...

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
fatbadger said:
.........You can get tickets (which aren't stupidly expensive) and the fans are much, much more enthusiastic and sing more - so the atmosphere at games is much better....

:eek: :eek:

You obviously havenn't been to Withdean!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Realistically unles Palace lose a good proportion of thier better players there is every chance that we will be well beaten by them again.

Sorry if it sounds disloyal. I want that win badly just don't see it happening soon.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
Realistically unles Palace lose a good proportion of thier better players there is every chance that we will be well beaten by them again.

Sorry if it sounds disloyal. I want that win badly just don't see it happening soon.
Well said Perry. :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
AJ's Love Monkey said:
At last a voice of reason, be honest we would murder you again and i'm not being biased it's fact
Yeah like Leeds, West Ham, Tottenham et al. ;)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Chris Kamara tipped us to stay up ahead of Watford. He stated whilst we have the weaker squad, Mcghee has more experience than their new manager.

God I hope he is right.

As for Palace (if they go down), unless Noades sells the ground so Sainsburys can take it over completely and then they have to groundshare with MKDons for 2 years before coming back to the athletics track then I do think they will beat us. Hopefully not by more than 5 this time tho...

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Chris Kamara tipped us to stay up ahead of Watford. He stated whilst we have the weaker squad, Mcghee has more experience than their new manager.

God I hope he is right.

As for Palace (if they go down), unless Noades sells the ground so Sainsburys can take it over completely and then they have to groundshare with MKDons for 2 years before coming back to the athletics track then I do think they will beat us. Hopefully not by more than 5 this time tho...
No another 5 will do just fine. Good to see a sense of realism amongst some of you on here.:drink:

Eddie the Seagull said:
:eek: :eek:

You obviously havenn't been to Withdean!

Fair enough - I should have said "with the exception of Withdean".

Seriously, though - averaging over the grounds, the Championship will provide more decibels and better atmosphere. I'm not sure if you've been to the likes of the Riverside or the Reebok, but in my experience they make Withdean seem like a pit of howling wolves.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
fatbadger said:
Fair enough - I should have said "with the exception of Withdean".

Seriously, though - averaging over the grounds, the Championship will provide more decibels and better atmosphere. I'm not sure if you've been to the likes of the Riverside or the Reebok, but in my experience they make Withdean seem like a pit of howling wolves.

Absolutely, the Reebok is like a morgue! :ohmy:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Richie Morris said:
Even once Johnson, Routledge et al have been sold?

I actually don't think Johnson will be sold Richie some of the others probably will like as you said Routledge along with maybe Kolkka, Lakis and Torghelle but i might be proved totally wrong but Johnson will be staying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here