Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for a reliable double glazing company

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Please remind me not get a famous glazing company around again.
I simply asked for a quote on a patio door. What I got was 1hr and 15mins of hard sell. I really hate hard sell.

All I wanted was a bloody measure up and price but it turned in the same old same old, where the salesman finally phoned his manager and said on the phone really loudly so we could all hear "YOU CAN DO REALLY DO IT AT THAT PRICE, THAT'S AMAZING!!"
At that point enough was enough for me, NO DEAL.

This famous glazing company did offer me a good price in the end, but they wanted me to sign on the dotted line there and then for the amazing "ONE TIME ONLY OFFER", I'm not happy doing this.

So can any of you recommend a good local glazing company, who will measure up and will not fanny around.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
try TRADE WINDOW MANUFACTURING (TWM) in findon, the guy who owns it is my pal's brother who works at my garage, tel number 01903 871000.

good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lancing Double Glazing was good, the MD came round did a quick quote, did it on his laptop with drawings, printed it and left all in about 20 minutes!

D

Deleted User X18H

3.40 Folk Gallelio Figaro

4.10 Folk Iwillrememberyou.

Hope this helps

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh sorry I see, only in the last post column this thread reads 'looking for a reliable double:jester:

Anyway I suggest each - way.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
wait for the area manager of the first company to call you back. When he needs to make his bonus at the end of the month he can use his personal discretion to make a much better offer

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had someone round to measure ours up some years ago and I told him to f*** off and come back after an hour or so to phone his manager for the "special offer".
Should have seen the look on his face:tosser:

Still said no and eventually the same firm did them for little more than half of the original "best price" using a subby and specifically emphasising that it was not a main contractor/manufacturer deal (which it was)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Don't what ever you do get SafeStyle round then. I wanted all my windows replaced so got them round. Bloke arrived 3pm on a Sunday afternoon when I was very hungover! He left just before 7! Worked though, he wore me down to the point where I couldn't bare to spend another second with anyone talking about windows so I bought from him.

My advice, make sure you aren't hungover and secondly have someone else there and say you have to go out in an hour (this is what I did when I had someone round to measure up for my patio door, worked a treat).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
it turned in the same old same old, where the salesman finally phoned his manager and said on the phone really loudly so we could all hear "YOU CAN DO REALLY DO IT AT THAT PRICE, THAT'S AMAZING!!"

Why do they DO that? It's as laughable as the three jackpot symbols on the scratchcards you always get up from the Tenerife timeshare wallah. Now if you'll just come with me to this four hour presentation up in the mountains...

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Got ripped off in the mid 80's by a cowboy firm, so was extremely cautious when we had new windows fitted a few years ago. We used 'Seeview' Windows who are a local firm in Lancing, and they did a brilliant job. We had them out first to fit replacement facias, soffets and guttering and, based on their standard of work plus checking on work they had carried out in our area, we had them back to do the windows. It's two partners that run the company and one of them (Mick) comes out and measures up and gives you a quote, no hard sell, no promise of any discounts if you sign on the dotted line. More importantly, they use their own fitters and don't sub-contract, well that was the set up when we used them.
:thumbsup:

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I'm a high quality builder who only uses decent contractors and I can highly recommend Paul King for anything UPVc.. Call him on 07801 670989. He's reasonably priced and reliable... Good quality units and all guaranteed. Good after sales too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here