Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking back on 2004...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Here we are with just over two weeks to go until the end of the year, what have your high points and low points of the year been for you?

From me, for a start-off...

High points:
Promotion at Cardiff - what a day.
Going to Portugal for Euro 2004 - marvellous scenes all the way

Low points:
Charles Hoile's report - what a wanker
John Peel's death - I though he would go on forever

GO...

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
My high point of this year was Christmas Day.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Highs:

Play-Off Final Win
Swindon Play-Off Away
West Ham Away
Seeing great gigs all year, especially 1208/Pulley/Pennywise at Decon
NSP
Discovering more new Punk bands that are good
Half-Life 2, FM2005, Doom 3

Lows:

Getting into worse debt
Falmer delays and decisions
Being single...still!
Stuck in a shite job that I cant seem to escape from

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Highs for me:

Standing in the Millenium stadium unable to take it all in.
Virgos header against Swindon. No ticket so was watching in a pub in T wells going beserk.
New job and new woman.
First date advice from NSC- still one fo the funniest threads I have read.

Lows:

Nothing that is so important that it will change my outlook on life. Falmer is annoying but then it was always going to be and we will get there so that is not a low. Just an extra wait for what will be one of the biggest highs of our lives. Watching our Seagulls stride out in the new stadium to the live marching band of the reformed Royal Sussex Regiment playing GOSBTS.
(With the introduction of the new Brighton-born journalist in the Argus who will be covering the Albion).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
High

Response to Mari's death by the fans and club, especially during and after the funeral. Just shows what a family club is all about.

Laura's offers for all bar one of her University choices

cardiff play off.......swindon last minute and penalties...scoring at Watford ( I dont think I have ever seen Albion fans go so mental - apart from Swindon)

Low

Madrid bombings, Blunkett resigning, Emlyn Hughes dying, One of my wifes best friends dying of breast cancer last Thursday ( only 40)...Mari Harding's Murder...obscene waste of a good persons life

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
my high point was also exactly the same as my low point.

i couldnt make it to the playoff final as i was in spain and could not get a flight back. so i watched the final in an irish bar owned by bristol fans. of course it was my HIGH POINT running around like a lunatic when we won with my brighton shirt on annoying the bristol fans. but the LOW POINT was seeing so many fans standing there and thinking i have been to every game this season in the pouring rain etc and im not at the most important game.

but oh well. we won, it made my holiday and im now sitting in the pouring rain watching more famous players weeek in week out so its all good!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
my high point was also exactly the same as my low point.

i couldnt make it to the playoff final as i was in spain and could not get a flight back. so i watched the final in an irish bar owned by bristol fans. of course it was my HIGH POINT running around like a lunatic when we won with my brighton shirt on annoying the bristol fans. but the LOW POINT was seeing so many fans standing there and thinking i have been to every game this season in the pouring rain etc and im not at the most important game.

but oh well. we won, it made my holiday and im now sitting in the pouring rain watching more famous players weeek in week out so its all good!
Aren't you an Arsenal fan?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Highs.

1. Cardiff
2. My 2 yr old Son learning how to use his Potty !
3. Made a couple of really good new friends.

Lows.

There are none.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Highs:

(in no particular order)
1. Cardiff, obviously (inc. Swindon etc.)
2. Leaving my shite, boring job.
3. Going to Peru, getting to Macchu Picchu without dying from hypothermia.
4. Did (& doing) relatively well at Uni.

Lows:

1. The "decision" - especially being in the middle of nowhere in Spain, unable to properly find out what the verdict was.
2. Having a lot less money than I started the year with.

A pretty good year in all (with two weeks yet to run), will have to face up to things like getting a new job and writing my dissertation soon, but that's for another year!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Highs -

Learning how to walk again.
My new job, though I don't start til Jan 05 but still...

Lows -

Relegation.
Mr Krasner.
Adulent Farce.
Being forced to learn to walk again.
Small Child being so poorly.

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
A year ago tomorrow I was run over by a drink driver, 5 times over the limit. Broke both my legs above and below the knee, seven ribs, collar bone, fractured my skull, etc lost the use of my left side and was told I wouldn't ever walk again. Mid April this year I walked.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Starry said:
A year ago tomorrow I was run over by a drink driver, 5 times over the limit. Broke both my legs above and below the knee, seven ribs, collar bone, fractured my skull, etc lost the use of my left side and was told I wouldn't ever walk again. Mid April this year I walked.

Christ mate well done on walking again, sorry to hear about the accident, bet the fucker got a fine and community service or at most 3 months in the slums....whoops almost started an anti-government/law rant again!

Anyway keep up the hard work mate :clap:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
CrabtreeBHA said:
Christ mate well done on walking again, sorry to hear about the accident, bet the fucker got a fine and community service or at most 3 months in the slums....whoops almost started an anti-government/law rant again!

Anyway keep up the hard work mate :clap:

Thanks!

He actually went to prison for 3 years, well he'll serve half I am sure but still he'll not be drinking and driving this christmas.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
highs

Cardiff Play Off Final
Moving house
Reading Game
Actually Meeting NSCers
Winning the Christmas Bet with Housemate

Lows
Winning the Christmas Bet with Housemate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports