Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Look ahead to...Orient (H)

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Orient have only bagged themselves two goals in three league games so far this season. Compared to our five goals in three games, you would think we pose more of a goal threat.
They beat Hereford at home on the first day of the campaign and lost away at Peterborough 3-0.
However last time out Orient held Carlisle to a 0-0 draw, and I would consider that to be a good result against one of the teams who will do well this season.

Their danger man upfront is Adam Boyd. Not the tallest player to aim for in the box, but a tricky customer for any defence in this division. He has already netted two goals in all competitions this season, and I’m sure he’ll be looking for more on Saturday.

Ryan Jarvis is the replacement for Ibehre upfront. I haven’t seen much of Jarvis, but he doesn’t look to be the danger man that Ibehre was last season. So that’s some good news for our defence!

Another new signing is Danny Granville, who I’m sure we all remember from his Palace days. I think he is a fairly impressive signing, and will know what he is doing against our front two.

I remember last season in this fixture at the Withdean, we squandered countless chances right through the game. They didn’t look great at the back, and we had the lion’s share of the possession. Everyone could see what was coming. They scored ten minutes from the end from a pretty straightforward, yet effective, counter attacking move. I thought that we were bound to lose all three points that day, and it was only a Forster penalty right at the death that salvaged a point.

I actually think this is a perfect chance for us to get a good home record going, after the misery of the Bristol rovers game. I don’t think Orient are quite the side that graced the league last year. Ibehre will be a big miss for them, and that will probably mean a whole new style of play for the team to get used to.

It’s early in the season, but I still think we can turn them over by a few clear goals on Saturday. As long as we make up for the chances we missed last time round, we should be fine!

I'm going for a 2-0 win for us, and I feel that we are due another goal from Dean Cox pretty soon. With that in mind Coxy, and Murray to score our goals.

:albion2:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We'll have a good crowd with high expectations. We're missing our first choice Centre Back and first choice Left Wing which is not an ideal start point. We've got an edgy crowd who know we've had a good start but at the first sign of a long ball or a mis-pass from Cox will start getting on the team's back because of the fears of another Brizzle performance.

We should beat Orient - we could beat them well. But if Orient score first.......I worry for us a bit. And nothing coming off the bench to turn things our way.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
We will win 2-0. Some will be pleased. Some will say it should have been 5-0 and that Forster/Cox/Murray/Thomson/Kuipers/Elphick is a disgrace to the stripes. The sun will set. The stars will come out. The sun will then rise again and another day of unresolved opinions will dawn. But we will win 2-0.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We need to score in the first 10minutes and move on from there. I think the longer we go on without scoring, the more we will resort to long ball tactics.

We seem to cope better against strikers who are target men, so this could be a tricky one for us.

If we knock it around and keep the ball we will be fine, the 2nd against Southend proved that, 6 or 7 quick passes and a goal.

A 2-0 is on the cards, another notch each for Forster and Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here