Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Longest standing pursuit / hobby

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Completely agree.

I used to live in Montpelier Road in my 20s and the house he was born in was just around the corner from me in Montpelier Terrace - It use to have a blue plaque by the front door - not sure if the plaque is still there?

View attachment 189398

There is another plaque on a wall of a house in Radicon Manor Road Hove that used to be the Sussex Arms pub that Ray Noble drank in apparently
View attachment 189399
Didn't know about the one in Radidon Manor but the one on Montpelier is still there but not really a proper blue plaque - so completely unreadable from the street. I have made enquiries about replacing it but would have to raise £1500 to do it!

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
The longest ‘standing’ (pursuit) I have done was quite recently at a U.S. airport where I had to stand in line queuing for 90 minutes (yes, a full football match length period of time) before I was served at the Budget Car Rental service desk to collect my car.

They then gave me a car with a broken windscreen held in by tape and charged me more than $80 for a tank of petrol when I had returned it with a full tank. A very poor / incompetent service all round.

If you are considering a car rental booking for your holiday anywhere then for your own protection I strongly recommend avoiding Budget Car Rental and Avis Car Rental (as they are the same company).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The longest ‘standing’ (pursuit) I have done was quite recently at a U.S. airport where I had to stand in line queuing for 90 minutes (yes, a full football match length period of time) before I was served at the Budget Car Rental service desk to collect my car.

They then gave me a car with a broken windscreen held in by tape and charged me more than $80 for a tank of petrol when I had returned it with a full tank. A very poor / incompetent service all round.

If you are considering a car rental booking for your holiday anywhere then for your own protection I strongly recommend avoiding Budget Car Rental and Avis Car Rental (as they are the same company).
Had a similar experience with Hertz in Vancouver last year. Over an hour‘s wait. Luckily their admin was so terrible they failed to charge me the excess for the big dent I put in the door misjudging my exit from the car park (despite me reporting it etc) 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here