Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Longest standing pursuit / hobby

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Weight training / nutrition and the science behind it for me. Train 5 times a week and lost nearly 30kg all while upping my knowledge . In my mind its like an experiment on your own body . Seeing what works for you and what doesnt and tweaking it to get the best results. Even managed to get a 6 pack for the first time ever! Often think about turning it into a career but at 54 .........

Dj'ing . Love my music . Melodic techno / techno / Neurofunk

Latest mix if you wanna have a listen

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Weight training / nutrition and the science behind it for me. Train 5 times a week and lost nearly 30kg all while upping my knowledge . In my mind its like an experiment on your own body . Seeing what works for you and what doesnt and tweaking it to get the best results. Even managed to get a 6 pack for the first time ever! Often think about turning it into a career but at 54 .........

Dj'ing . Love my music . Melodic techno / techno / Neurofunk

Latest mix if you wanna have a listen

I will!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Playing the beautiful game! first kicked a ball over fifty years ago, and still playing now
Playing the beautiful game! first bowled a ball over forty four years ago, and still, erm, watching now

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Reading & writing since I was ca 5. Learnt to read early thanks to Tintin books. Also started playing video games about that time.

Ages 10-15 was all about football, didn't care about anything else. Playing 5-10 hours a day with the other local kids. Amazing. The best hobby anyone can ever have, such a great f***ing sport.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Reading & writing since I was ca 5. Learnt to read early thanks to Tintin books. Also started playing video games about that time.

Ages 10-15 was all about football, didn't care about anything else. Playing 5-10 hours a day with the other local kids. Amazing. The best hobby anyone can ever have, such a great f***ing sport.
Oh, I LOVED Tintin! Also loved doing jigsaw puzzles.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Musical theatre is my big passion, ever since my parents took me to Les Miserablés aged 10. Turned it into a career, in a fashion. But really all my favourite movies as a kid were musicals anyway growing up, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, all the Disney animated canon…

I sing on a social app with friends around the world, many of whom I’ve met in real life and am very close to.

I’m a gamer, retro and modern. I love Alan Partridge… I used to read a lot but less fiction and more non-fiction recently.

The Albion and football generally. I go through phases with cricket, but always follow Sussex and get to a few matches a season.

Is this what online dating is like nowadays?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
For me? Hiking. Could not live without it. Keeps me sane.

From a kid exploring the woods near our house to trips to mountain ranges and forests both UK and abroad to regular walks on the South Downs, it’s been my longest standing interest. Solo or with mates, it’s been a constant.

What about you?
Canals, UK inland waterways, love everything about them, first canal holiday as a 5 yo with mum and dad and continued when my kids were young. I’ve even done the Caledonian Canal twice. Would love to be alive to see the complete restoration of the 24 mile Wey & Arun Canal linking creating a possible navigation between say Arundel (tidal i know) through Guildford and onto the Thames to the rest of the network.

My plan is to buy a Narrowboat in a few years and continuously Cruise the entire connected network

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Music is without doubt my longest hobby/passion. I started listening and buying cassettes and records at a very young age and have never stopped. I went to my first gig at 16 and have never stopped this either. With age my consumption has increased and probably buy 20-30 vinyl albums a year and the same with gigs. I peaked with 40 plus gigs in a single year a few years back, including a memorable 9 in 13 day run. I also love reading and talking about it.

It still gives me immense pleasure, I am still enthusiastic about, and look out for, new music, and I guess this will only end when I do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here