Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Longest standing pursuit / hobby

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Skiing. First went with the school when 16, then resumed after a very long gap. Love the whole thing.

Also gardening, dabbled as a young teen, unusually this wasn’t through family being into it at all (although my Dad made amazing ornamental lawns). Got into wildlife and organic gardening with our first house with a garden purchase in 1999. Hardly any experts followed that ethos then, now they all do it.
I tried skiing once but didn’t really enjoy it… it started out OK but went downhill quickly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Music

Like this.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Videogames for me. I was never an outdoorsy kid so found my fun indoors with the SNES and then the PlayStation.

Fond memories of playing four player GoldenEye on the N64 with my mates before school, all gangly teenagers crowded around a sodding 14in telly.

And I've now got some tentative plans to try my hand at making my own. Game, I mean. Not 14in telly.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I have taken you off ignore as it's not kind or my style. my old friend from school is Dave Callahan, indie legend and notable birdwatcher, have you heard of him?
Yes but don’t know him personally although we crossed paths on the indie music scene a few times in the mid-late 80s in London (Was really into the jangly guitar garage sounds that was going on at that time - post-punk). Unseen Ripples from a Pebble is a brilliant track. He later wrote for Birdwatch magazine which I subscribed to for a while and where to see birds in East Anglia which is on a shelf near my desk at work.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Yes but don’t know him personally although we crossed paths on the indie music scene a few times in the mid-late 80s in London (Was really into the jangly guitar garage sounds that was going on at that time - post-punk). Unseen Ripples from a Pebble is a brilliant track. He later wrote for Birdwatch magazine which I subscribed to for a while and where to see birds in East Anglia which is on a shelf near my desk at work.
Ha you do know, nice to hear. The Wolfhounds were all my best buddies from school. Glad we can talk over this old rubbish! x He does lots of birdwatching stuff still

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bought my first slr camera in 1970/71 at the age of 17 or 18. A German Exa 500.
bought a Canon TLB in 1975, graduated to digital about 20 years ago and now havea Canon EOS 6D.
What I really need to get to grips with is storing, sorting and cataloguing - have just (yesterday) joined U3A and realise a friend of ours does the photography bits of it so hoping that might help!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here