Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long ball option

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If we can move the ball upfield quickly when being pressed high, I'm sure CMS will come into his own.

That's what I thought he was going to do last season .... balls over the top and threaded through for him to run on to is what I thought his game was all about. I'm keeping fingers crossed for him this season and think he could excel with the right service

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That's what I thought he was going to do last season .... balls over the top and threaded through for him to run on to is what I thought his game was all about. I'm keeping fingers crossed for him this season and think he could excel with the right service

Agreed. And arguably if we are not going to play to CMS' strengths, there is little point in keeping him.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I took it as a development of tactics rather than any new players.

Could be Buckley as a central striker? I remember [MENTION=21064]easy10[/MENTION] suggesting that as an option at the end of last year.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Perhaps Poyet has finally worked out how to play to CMS's strengths?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

Attachments

• Plan B.jpg
    Plan B.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 33

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Pirlo and Balotelli?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we are talking about playing the ball quicker behind (or over the top) of the defence, shirley it is speed that is needed and not some big lump.

CMS, Buckley, Kazenga and Vicente all have a fair turn of speed. From the little i have seen of Hoskyns and Toby, they are not slow either (and i'm not picking on Barnes, just don't think he is that quick)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I may have some info here that is completely true but may be nothing, My dad flew out to Gib on the same flight as the boys & was sat in the front row next to Harley (he wants to be an agent when he retires) with Gus across the aisle. As a previously long term ST but now ex now emigrated he did not recognise faces but did say there was a group of 4 speaking Spanish on the way to arrivals & one of them stood out as he was 6 foot 7...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I may have some info here that is completely true but may be nothing, My dad flew out to Gib on the same flight as the boys & was sat in the front row next to Harley (he wants to be an agent when he retires) with Gus across the aisle. As a previously long term ST but now ex now emigrated he did not recognise faces but did say there was a group of 4 speaking Spanish on the way to arrivals & one of them stood out as he was 6 foot 7...

Brez?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I guess Brez has been on a rosetta stone course then!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we are talking about playing the ball quicker behind (or over the top) of the defence, shirley it is speed that is needed and not some big lump.

CMS, Buckley, Kazenga and Vicente all have a fair turn of speed. From the little i have seen of Hoskyns and Toby, they are not slow either (and i'm not picking on Barnes, just don't think he is that quick)

Barnes has a lot of attributes but being quick isn't one of them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When a team press you high up the pitch they are vulnerable to the ball over the top into the space for on rushing forwards. I suspect Gus has managed to get the team to move the ball quicker which was always the weakness last season

By god yes the pedestrianisation of bhafc last season was coma inducing at times

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Whacking a ball over the top when teams are pressing us is a good tactic.......hopefully it'll be Buckley who chases the long ball, CMS is hopeless at one-on-ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here