Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London workers but not residents

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Alot of these people who work in london but won't live there is because they don't actually have a good enough job to pay to live in a decent part of London, they think they are too good to live in a less desirable part with all the immigrants ( racist bastards) so re locate to surrey or Brighton and fills the places with Wankers.

They spend to much time chasing the almighty dollar and yet maon about the commute, house prices and the mortgage repayments - Well if everyone stopped doing it and started living in London everyone would be happy they could stop commuting and house prices for your everyday locals in Brighton etc would fall.

f*** of back to London, withyour london attitudes and house prices is what i say.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

You are so very boring

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
amen to that

I'd say 90% of my road in Preston Park has moved in from london in the past 4 years !!!

still my house price has tripled so whos complaining !!!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Beach Hut said:
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

You are so very boring

I don't think that was the point for discussion, but if that's your opinion someone who is obviously so intresting they have 20k post to their name from sitting in front of a pc.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think you'll find if you take into consideration the transport costs (and the time it gets to get to and from work) a lot of people obviously choose to do what you say.

Having said that I've seen the people in Brighton considerably change over the years.

I've often wondered how I would be accepted in Brighton by the locals having lived up here for years and originally coming from the other end of the county.

I'd probably be seen as one of those bloody cockneys.

I've looked into becoming one of those wankers in the last couple of years and move back to Sussex.

.. the time it takes to get to work and back and the long hours my girlfriend works has put us off.

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I live in London right now GG cos of being at Uni here.

I absolutely love Brighton, while I've never been a subscriber to nationalism I do feel a huge sense of pride and belonging to my home town, despite all its faults.

If I got a job in London which was right for me, I would still want to live in Brighton because I'm a Brightoner, not a Londoner!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London is the biggest shit hole capital there is.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
clapham_gull said:
I think you'll find if you take into consideration the transport costs (and the time it gets to get to and from work) a lot of people obviously choose to do what you say.

I've looked into becoming one of those wankers in the last couple of years and move back to Sussex.

.. the time it takes to get to work and back and the long hours my girlfriend works has put us off.

That's what i like to hear - good hoinest workers living and working in the capital, instead of flooding our once proud City with young profesionals who ruin our traditions and push out real born and bred brightonians.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Goring Gull said:
That's what i like to hear - good hoinest workers living and working in the capital, instead of flooding our once proud City with young profesionals who ruin our traditions and push out real born and bred brightonians.

:lolol: I was born in Hastings

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
clapham_gull said:
Clapham's alright :lolol:

Nope it's shit and yes i have lived there

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Goring Gull said:
I don't think that was the point for discussion, but if that's your opinion someone who is obviously so intresting they have 20k post to their name from sitting in front of a pc.

Yes it was you continually talk absolute rubbish and now my post count is an issue to you as well.

ARSE

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think Claphams alright had a few good nights out there a few years ago.

Did spend 3 months working in Lewisham when at NTL - now that was a shit hole.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Beach Hut said:
Yes it was you continually talk absolute rubbish and now my post count is an issue to you as well.

ARSE

I was just stating that you must have a lot of time on your hands to be able to post 24k posts on a website. Just wondering that if you were so much more intresting than myself why you weren't out and about doing something more fulfilling than sitting in front of a PC having a go at "Boring" posters?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Goring Gull said:
I think Claphams alright had a few good nights out there a few years ago.

Did spend 3 months working in Lewisham when at NTL - now that was a shit hole.

To visit yes but to live there no.It's depressing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Goring Gull said:
I was just stating that you must have a lot of time on your hands to be able to post 24k posts on a website. Just wondering that if you were so much more intresting than myself why you weren't out and about doing something more fulfilling than sitting in front of a PC having a go at "Boring" posters?

But if you could really add something interesting to debate life would be so much better.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Beach Hut said:
But if you could really add something interesting to debate life would be so much better.

Ok then, is the allocation and level of benefits in the country correct or should they be scrapped?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Goring Gull said:
Ok then, is the allocation and level of benefits in the country correct or should they be scrapped?

As I don't claim them bar the kiddies tax credit I have no idea whatsoever.

So what are we debating now ?

Why all London workers cannot possibly actually live in London or something else ?

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Goring Gull said:

Too f***ing right, the sooner we have electric barbed wire fences erected around each and every town and city in the UK, preventing anyone clambering in or out, the better...

:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here