Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Underground

D

Deleted User X18H

kanchekskis fixtures fixtures fixtures 2005 2005 man on the moon.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
I know ppl will say take it on the chin, its a bit of fun, but i get pissed off with being slagged off all the time. We do a crappy job in shit conditions, under shit management, using equipment installed in the 60's/70's and still provide a damn decent service to over 3 million passengers a day. Anyone is more than welcome to come and do my job and then say that i get paid too much (I'm a Line Controller by the way).

Like any public service its never going to be perfect and for sure the strikes of last year should never have gone ahead, but we never get thanked for all the high risk situations we deal with everday do we? A couple of sundays back we had a gunman on a train at Hammersmith and were shutdown for 40 minutes containing the situation. No one thinks of or thanks the poor bastids that had to deal with the person under a train at Tooting Broadway on Monday, but hey have to wait an extra 5 minutes for a train and its slag off time!

A depressed Grizz :(

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Grizz said:
No one thinks of or thanks the poor bastids that had to deal with the person under a train at Tooting Broadway on Monday...

Is that the one that turned out to be Eastenders' Lynne Slater's mother?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Grizz said:
I know ppl will say take it on the chin, its a bit of fun, but i get pissed off with being slagged off all the time. We do a crappy job in shit conditions, under shit management, using equipment installed in the 60's/70's and still provide a damn decent service to over 3 million passengers a day. Anyone is more than welcome to come and do my job and then say that i get paid too much (I'm a Line Controller by the way).

Like any public service its never going to be perfect and for sure the strikes of last year should never have gone ahead, but we never get thanked for all the high risk situations we deal with everday do we? A couple of sundays back we had a gunman on a train at Hammersmith and were shutdown for 40 minutes containing the situation. No one thinks of or thanks the poor bastids that had to deal with the person under a train at Tooting Broadway on Monday, but hey have to wait an extra 5 minutes for a train and its slag off time!

Don't get depressed, I think the tube is great. Sure the occasional shoddy service is an inconvenience at times, and the union strike last year created a lot of animosity. If you budget an extra 20 mins on to your journey it's a whole lot less stressful. Nothing better than rolling up half cut at holborn at 11.30pm and being able to get home in 40 mins rather than having to drive.

And it's not the piccadily line I hope. . .;)

Last edited:

Grizz said:

I don't blame you poor buggers at all. I blame the decades of under-investment at the behest of she who once said

'if youre still using public transport when youre in your thirties then youre a failure in life'

along with decades of underinvestment by others and the fuggin ridiculous ppp shite you have to put up with now. Nothing to do with you who work for them.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
just bought the cd .. guy has released 13 tracks all on similar piss take theme

Grizz said:

Why don't you answer your fecking radio when i'm calling you?
Northern line driver.:p

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BOOM BOOM BOOM LET ME HERE YOU SAY FIXTURES......

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
s.stubbs said:
Why don't you answer your fecking radio when i'm calling you?
Northern line driver.:p

How dare you associate me with Coburg Street young man! :p One belongs to the elite Piccadilly Line at Earl's Court dontcha know ;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here