Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Bridge Station

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes its not big or clever, but by heck its funny

Waiting for the Thameslink to Brighton, on the other platform arrived about 5 ASBO's who were "giving it large" as they say...anyway, lots of cheering and baiting from Brighton fans...more neanderthals arrive ...good bit of banter ensued....great.

Got into East Croydon.....lots of things shouted out the windown and some abuse at this rather porterly gentleman...." YOu fat bastard"

On To gatwick Airport where some lovelly young lady in the first class department tried to get some of us to say goodby to Roger and Brenda......lots of shouting ensured, as " Brenda twat that bloke" and " Roger Brenda mate..." :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Got to Three Bridges with much hilarity as there was a girl( or boy) chav being abused...very childish but again hilarious.

Got off at Haywards Heath to get on the Chichester train ( to Hove) and its full of Arsenal fans...all smug having seen them anihalate someone 5-0

Great Day out and just to piss on LI's parade, exactly what we have been saying for 6 months....in big games play three up front. We were excellent todayt and how the keeper kept out gattings goal attempt I have no idea.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Dies Irae said:
Yes its not big or clever, but by heck its funny

Waiting for the Thameslink to Brighton, on the other platform arrived about 5 ASBO's who were "giving it large" as they say...anyway, lots of cheering and baiting from Brighton fans...more neanderthals arrive ...good bit of banter ensued....great.

Got into East Croydon.....lots of things shouted out the windown and some abuse at this rather porterly gentleman...." YOu fat bastard"

On To gatwick Airport where some lovelly young lady in the first class department tried to get some of us to say goodby to Roger and Brenda......lots of shouting ensured, as " Brenda twat that bloke" and " Roger Brenda mate..." :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Got to Three Bridges with much hilarity as there was a girl( or boy) chav being abused...very childish but again hilarious.

Got off at Haywards Heath to get on the Chichester train ( to Hove) and its full of Arsenal fans...all smug having seen them anihalate someone 5-0

Great Day out and just to piss on LI's parade, exactly what we have been saying for 6 months....in big games play three up front. We were excellent todayt and how the keeper kept out gattings goal attempt I have no idea.

Fantastic day, Even I don't know how the Millwall keeper somehow kept that shot out from Gatting.

Dies Irae said:
just to piss on LI's parade, exactly what we have been saying for 6 months....in big games play three up front.
Blah, blah, blah, three what? Members of the youth team?

It's all ultimately about the players Dave and it's GNW that's making the difference - note his class for the first goal :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Re: Re: London Bridge Station

brightonfan_86 said:
Fantastic day, Even I don't know how the Millwall keeper somehow kept that shot out from Gatting.

Shocking luck for Gatting, he hit it so well and another foot wide of the keeper and it would have burst the net.

Last edited:

1066gull

Re: Re: London Bridge Station

brightonfan_86 said:
Hawsey didn't shut up at that moment in time!

Oct 25, 2003
Re: Re: Re: London Bridge Station

London Irish said:
Shocking luck for Gatting, he hit it so well and another foot wide of the keeper and it would have burst the net.

a foot wide of the goalkeeper in the direction of his shot would have meant the ball finishing about a foot wide of the goal

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh Christ...LI is getting all patronising now:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No the three I would have stuck with were CKR, harty and Jakey ( with Trolley for Harty when he was fit) Millwall were a poor side today but it showed what can be achieved when given the command to be positive...Reidy provides that!!!

BTW Are you going tomorrow to the Bayonne game BTW? Is it 2 o/clcok KO?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Marvellous scenes
attachment.php

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I missed the fun and games, but had trouble convincing the coppers that I lived in London and really didn't want to get a train to Brighton.

What most of you probably didn't realise is that they then decided to evacuate the station and the underground (because of an "emergency situation) - so we had to walk to Borough.

* unless anyone knows of another reason.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Have to say i missed it too,a horrible feeling to live with,it was always going to be a great day of football and food and drink at Borough but at least someone told me it was on the radio at 2:55.The BBC London coverage was utter shit,totally Millwall bias despite them not realising there's probably more Albion fans living and working in London than there are Millwall.:glare:

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
clapham_gull said:
I missed the fun and games, but had trouble convincing the coppers that I lived in London and really didn't want to get a train to Brighton.

What most of you probably didn't realise is that they then decided to evacuate the station and the underground (because of an "emergency situation) - so we had to walk to Borough.

Had the same prob with evacuation "suspect package" but i managed to hop on the last tube out, my mate was a tad slower and the doors shut on him, so he ended up taking considerably longer to get home

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I wasn't impressed by the Underground Station being evacuated. Especially as they announced it just as I arrived at the Northern Line, and there clearly wasn't anything going on there!

Anyway, I looped back round through the main entrance to the railway station and got the train to Waterloo East, where I ran into shit loads of Pompey fans coming off the Jubilee line... so glad I wasn't in colours!!

:blush:

Dandyman

In London village.
clapham_gull said:

:D I just flashed my Oyster Card at them and walked straight by (followed by several other people). The OB seemed even more clueless than normal to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here