Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lol @ Kevin Blackwell

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Remember how he used to spend his life convincing everyone he was "working miracles" at Leeds. You know, for cobbling together a mid /lower table finish after only spending 4 or 5 million on players like 700k David Healey?

Well he's at Luton now, and in the 3 games he's taken charge in, they've been absolute shite and managed just one point:

So here you go Mr Blackwell:

21 Barnsley 42 8 4 9 25 28 5 1 15 23 48 -28 44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Leeds 42 9 3 9 25 29 3 3 15 19 39 -24 42
23 Southend 42 6 6 9 27 32 4 6 11 16 36 -25 42
24 LOO TOWN 42 7 5 9 32 33 2 5 14 17 39 -23 37

Work your miracles out of that one you useless CRETIN. :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lol! Harsh Simster, very harsh.

They're a small club who've lost some decent players in Nicholls, Vine, Howard etc, so even Roy Keane would struggle to keep up what's left of the bloody carcass that is The Hatters.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Da Man Clay said:
But to be fair he did do alot better at Leeds than Wise could manage!! He is still shite though
I'm not sure about "a lot" better. Wise inherited a shite side and has got no better. Blackwell initially bumbled along in 15th/16th place for an entire season while telling everyone what a terrific job he was doing. We'll see - I can see us finally getting a point (or 3) at Lootown next season.

Kinky Gerbils said:
And too think YOUR brother likes Leeds
He's not that fussed any more as he's seen the light. But more importantly, our uncle likes Leeds in a big way and I'm looking forward to ripping the piss out of him if they can just stay down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pavilionaire said:
Lol! Harsh Simster, very harsh.

They're a small club who've lost some decent players in Nicholls, Vine, Howard etc, so even Roy Keane would struggle to keep up what's left of the bloody carcass that is The Hatters.
The nail in the coffin was the sale of Carlos Edwards. But I don't like Lootown and I don't like Blackwell so it's all good news.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
I'm not sure about "a lot" better. Wise inherited a shite side and has got no better. Blackwell initially bumbled along in 15th/16th place for an entire season while telling everyone what a terrific job he was doing. We'll see - I can see us finally getting a point (or 3) at Lootown next season.

He's not that fussed any more as he's seen the light. But more importantly, our uncle likes Leeds in a big way and I'm looking forward to ripping the piss out of him if they can just stay down.

Still have photo of him in a Leeds shirt knocking about.

:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I agree with Simster. Always thought Blackwell was doing a shite job, as Simster says constantly talked about how he was doing such a great job yet spent loads of money and his sides always looked crap.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Pavilionaire said:

Good. For some completely irrational reason, I f***ing hate Luton. I wish I knew why.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
said hello to him before the game a couple of years ago.as i was walking away i heard him say sarcastically to a steward " who's he?"
after the game which ended 1-1, i went up to him and said "bet you'll f#*%ing remember me now you c#*t"

must admit it made my day

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Race said:
said hello to him before the game a couple of years ago.as i was walking away i heard him say sarcastically to a steward " who's he?"
after the game which ended 1-1, i went up to him and said "bet you'll f#*%ing remember me now you c#*t"

:lolol: :clap:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Race said:

and this is why you are a legend, sir.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
You should have told him not to worry, as his chairman said 'Goalkeepers always make shit managers'.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Race said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Im sure he'll remember next season.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Race said:

You may well have a career on the after-dinner speaking circuit if you have a few more stories like that!!

:lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Race said:

Quality :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Race said:

:clap2: :bowdown:

That is fantastic. Always had him down as a bit of a cockjuggler. Couldn't be happier to see him relegate not one but TWO teams this season. Great job KEV. :clap:

KevinBlackwell_ITV.jpg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Race said:

Quality :lolol:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Heh, nice story.

Always found Blackwell a fairly decent-ish fella, but was at Luton-Southampton the other day and was amazed he sent out a first-half team with just one guy up front - Drew Talbot, not even that big a bloke at that - and sure enough the side created all of no chances. Not good when you bore-draw-ing your way to survival is no longer an option. Sure enough, two goals down, he sent on a second striker for the second half and they looked much better, but the opening seemed to say plenty enough about the overall approach.

Then again, Newell and the board, in their different ways, created much of the mess.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Race said:

:lolol: Nice 1 Mr Butters :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here