Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Local News from Scumhampton

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Fred Dinenage :tosser:the pratt called the goalscorer Orlandi as ORLANDO :nono:and said that Brighton beat Cardiff at the AMEX :nono:
This isn't the 1st time they have done this , think someone is doing it on purpose .
Does Fred Dinenage have an email address to tell him what a shower his sports coverage is?

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Fred Dinenage :tosser:the pratt called the goalscorer Orlandi as ORLANDO :nono:and said that Brighton beat Cardiff at the AMEX :nono:
This isn't the 1st time they have done this , think someone is doing it on purpose .
Does Fred Dinenage have an email address to tell him what a shower his sports coverage is?

Sport on Meridian is a bit of a roller coaster.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thank christ in Brighton we now get BBC SE.
We now dominate sports news having by far the largest club, and the reporter/s do seem to know the club inside out.

No more watching the bias towards zzzzzzz St.Mary's (lazy journalism being yards from Sally Taylor's studio), with a token effort on Albion, Pompey & Bournemouth.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Fred has been dead in the head for years. That's why they got rid of him in the first place.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thank christ in Brighton we now get BBC SE.
We now dominate sports news having by far the largest club, and the reporter/s do seem to know the club inside out.

No more watching the bias towards zzzzzzz St.Mary's (lazy journalism being yards from Sally Taylor's studio), with a token effort on Albion, Pompey & Bournemouth.

They're getting better as the season progresses, but I wouldn't go that far.

At the beginning of the season they virtually ignored us - the focus was always on their beloved Gillingham, and to a lesser extent, Charlton.

Being where we are, geographically, on the cusp of the South and the South East, we're always going to be out on a limb to a degree. News coverage is very Kent-centric. Sports coverage too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I sent him an email in the past sent to Meridian news for his attention and got a reply from him saying the content of the program was nothing to do with him but down to the producers but he would mention it to them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They're getting better as the season progresses, but I wouldn't go that far.

At the beginning of the season they virtually ignored us - the focus was always on their beloved Gillingham, and to a lesser extent, Charlton.

Being where we are, geographically, on the cusp of the South and the South East, we're always going to be out on a limb to a degree. News coverage is very Kent-centric. Sports coverage too.

I do realise there are some Charlton fans in Kent, but shirley it would be a minority with most living in SE London i.e. in the BBC London region.

But the greater supported Albion is almost entirely within the BBC SE region, and so deserves to dominate their sports news in my opinion.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
At least Meridian attempt to report on the Albion in this neck of the woods, unlike the current shower at the BBC who deny half of Sussex news on their Local Team. Local Radio and Television doesn't exist in Sussex.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I do realise there are some Charlton fans in Kent, but shirley it would be a minority with most living in SE London i.e. in the BBC London region.

But the greater supported Albion is almost entirely within the BBC SE region, and so deserves to dominate their sports news in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. It really should.

Often we're third on the bill as far as they're concerned though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here