Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanee Goalkeepers - Where are they now?

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Flicking through Sky Sports last night caught a glimpse of the Cliftonville v Linfield match and saw the Linfield goalkeeper drop the ball from a soft shot in front of a Cliftonville forward and just about recover to save his embarassment.My son said that was the worst piece of goalkeeping he had ever seen. When the keeper got up I saw it was Alan Blayney!(remember him?).It made me think where some of the loan goalkeepers we have had are now,remembering at the time screams on this board to sign them(maybe not the first one).The Pink wonder David Yelland is now supplying his trade in the Bundesliga lower divisions with TuS Koblenz. Scott Flinders after a brief loan spell with Falkirk last year is now with Hartlepool.Can anyone think of any others?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I know Rami Shaaban wasn't technically a loanee, but according to Wikipedia he's playing for Hammarby in the Swedish premier division now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What was the name of the clown that we had under Hinshelwood? Peterson was it? Where the hell is he now?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Florent Chaigneau is plying his trade in France's Div 5 (CFA2) for le Poire sur Vendee not far from where he comes from.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
simon royce at gillingham now
flitney at croydon
ben roberts retired i think
wayne henderson at grimsby

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
So for all of these keepers, most of whom were touted on here as being ,much better than Kuipers none of them have gone on to play at a higher standard, where as Kuipers has stayed fairly consistent !

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
who was the guy who played at Luton when we lost 2-0 on a night game who we signed from Dorchester or somewhere - Stuart Jones?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
OK then ... time for an old favourite.

List ALL of the goalkeepers who have played for the Albion in the Withdean area.

I'll start.

1. Michael Koopers.

off the top of me head in no particular order

David Yelldell
Andy Petterson
Mark Walton
Mikkel Andersen
Simon Royce
Ben Roberts
Graeme Smith
Chris May
Mark Cartwright
Ross Flitney
Stuart Jones
Rami Shabaan
Alan Blayney
Wayne Henderson
Florent Chaigneau
Scott Flinders
Dave Beasant
John Sulllivan
Josh Pelling
John Keeley
Paul Crichton

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Mark Cartwright and I thought was a good keeper

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
Anyone remember Stewart Kerr who Liam Brady brought in from Celtic? I think it was possibly at the same time Frank Stapleton played for us too.

I seem to remember Kerr having to get down low to make a save in front of the North Stand to prevent an own goal.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Anyone remember Stewart Kerr who Liam Brady brought in from Celtic? I think it was possibly at the same time Frank Stapleton played for us too.

I seem to remember Kerr having to get down low to make a save in front of the North Stand to prevent an own goal.
Didn't Stapleton play for us long before Liam Brady was manager ?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Cartwright is Goalkeeper coach at Colwyn Bay
Petterson is plying his trade in Australia

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
That Lingfield keeper was a midfielder who came on at half time as the normal goalie dislocated his shoulder in the first half!

(Im assuming that you saw this in the second half)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here