Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan striker would be happy to return to Seagulls.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Chris Wood is keen to return to Championship-bound Albion if he cannot force his way into Roy Hodgson’s plans at West Brom.

The on-loan New Zealand striker has played only eight minutes in the Premier League for the Baggies this season after helping them to promotion from the Championship last season.

Wood, 19, told The Argus: “I’m on a long contract at West Brom and my main objective is to get back into the West Brom side. It’s going to be very difficult if they are still in the Premier League next season, which hopefully they will be.

“But I’ve learnt a lot down here, playing week in and week out. That is something I will take back and use at West Brom, hopefully kick on and get back into the team there.

“I’ve enjoyed my time here tremendously, I’ve loved every minute. The manager has been great, he is a great asset to this club. They have done very well to keep him and hopefully he will stay here for another couple of seasons.

“If the opportunity came to come back and I wasn’t getting a look-in at West Brom then that would be a very strong option.”

So if he could not break in to the West Brom squad would you be happy to see him come back to the Albion?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we get into the Championship I think he would be an assett for a season long loan but this should not detract from resigning Murray and hopefully another goalscoring partner for him thus giving us Barnes and Wood as back up rather than Sandaza and Holroyd.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would love to sign him permanently. However if we could only get him back on loan then I think we should possibly look elsewhere

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
how much would it cost to sign him permanently?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Wood isnt great, cant control the ball, doesnt hold it up well for a big guy and his finishing is poor.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Come on you guys - he is 19 ffs. Still learning his trade but has good ability and will improve just as our other youngster, Barnes, is continuing to improve.

He has another two years (July 2013) on his contract and I would be surprised if WBA released him (and if they did it would be for a couple of million at best). A season long loan would suit all parties and hopefully would give us a strike force of Murray, Wood, Barnes and Hoskins with Agdestein coming through. You would like to think that would be as good as most in the Championship. If we can keep Bennett and add LuaLua, and with Noone we will have a potentially exceptional attacking unit.

Whilst Gus would want to do a deal on Wood earlier rather than later it will probably be another LuaLua situation with the parent club being in no hurry to commit and if that means starting the season light in key areas it is better than settling for less than the (in Gus' opinion) best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here