Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lloyds cashpoint 4th Avenue Hove

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hi all, just a warning that I nearly had my cashpoint card taken when using the ATM at Lloyds bank 4th Avenue, Hove.

I put my card in and entered details as normal, and asked for £50. The machine said to remove my card but it hadn't been returned. After some frantic button pressing my mate tried to get at the card and he pulled this off the front:

251006_10150206473152163_566347162_7641743_1395077_s.jpg

My card was caught on a metal strip behind. I have handed it into the police.

Please be aware.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I recommend cancelling the card NOW as those machines can have the ability to wirelessly transmit the details the second they are used.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Hi all, just a warning that I nearly had my cashpoint card taken when using the ATM at Lloyds bank 4th Avenue, Hove.

I put my card in and entered details as normal, and asked for £50. The machine said to remove my card but it hadn't been returned. After some frantic button pressing my mate tried to get at the card and he pulled this off the front:

View attachment 25574

My card was caught on a metal strip behind. I have handed it into the police.

Please be aware.

Good though that on this occasion, you screwed-up their scam.

BlythMeister

Aug 30, 2010
Lewes
Should always be careful removing tampering devices.
the owners of devices often stay close to the machine, they don't like it when someone "steals" their stealing device! (ironic i know!!)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If they've stuck it on one chances are they've stuck one on every machine in a 5 mile radius, a good idea to just check the machine next time you are using one in Brighton/Hove

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Probably just me but I often see the covers the banks themselves put on to stop these card catchers, but never 100% sure if it is the bank's equipment or some dirty thieving so and so's.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not sure, but surely this wasn't one of the 'wireless' ones because it took his card and didn't return it? Obviously worth cancelling you card anyway just as a precautionary measure

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Probably just me but I often see the covers the banks themselves put on to stop these card catchers, but never 100% sure if it is the bank's equipment or some dirty thieving so and so's.

If you think about the way they look, half the slot is recessed the other half is flush with the surface of the cashpoint - the bank ones will have the recessed bit where the card's strip goes and the naughty ones will have the 'outward' bit where the card strip goes so they can read it as it is passed through.

This may be complete bollocks but it makes logical sense really, the legit ones wouldn't need to read your magetic strip outside the slot no?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was almost the victim of a scam recently. Some how someone knew when I used my card abroad recently, rang the bank to say it had been lost and get a new one issued.... they also paid to have my post held at the local post office. The idea being they would turn up at the post office with false ID and get the new card. The plan was that all of this would have happened whilst I was away. Luckily I used the card for the first time on the penultimate day so I was back home and noticed something was odd when I found a letter of confirmation about the post hold. Whoever did this had a lot of info on me as they needed a lot of details to ring the bank and cancel the card and carry out the postal hold. Probably an inside job.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4174642 said:
There's a lot of this going on. Just the other day some guy called from my bank to tell me a pigeon had flown into my account and they needed my sort code to get the thing out. Yeah right!

Someone rang me up asking for my details so they could 'spring clean my volt'

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
yeah mate think its called a Lebanese loop whole or something like that, ya details would probs have been sent to a computer somewhere 100%cancel it

I've never trusted that Sam Hammam. From winding up Leeds fans at Ninian Park to writing graffiti on West Ham's dressing room wall as Wimbledon chairman and now probably involved in this. :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told of a BP garage in Lightwater that had 'security cameras' focused on the counter but one did this the other filmed the cards being inserted in the machine and the customer tapping in their pin number. Not sure if this was true or even feasible but it sounded so to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here