Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LLOYD OR ADAMS'who had the better players?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Micky's team would win because of lucky signings first time around.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
thanks,but remember apart from Zamora who would score for M.A's team
Lloyd had the likes of Nelson,Bremner,Cotterill,Small,Byrne and Maulden to choose from and enough decent players in midfield , defence plus two outstanding goal keepers
Cullip , Oatway , Carpenter , Rogers , Crosby , Freeman. ? if you include his 2nd time signings , Virgo , Carole and Thornton.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Cullip , Oatway , Carpenter , Rogers , Crosby , Freeman. ? if you include his 2nd time signings , Virgo , Carole and Thornton.

Don't be daft. Micky's side was a good, strong, organised, League 1 outfit, and with the exception of Zamora and Morgan, not much more than that. Barry Lloyd's best side was 90 minutes from the Premier League: Small, Byrne, Barham, Walker, Iovan, Chivers, Pates (first time around), Robinson were ALL good Championship level players, many of whom had played a lot of their football in the top flight. Add to that the players who didn't play in that team, eg. Gotsmanov and Bazza's boys would win hands down!

Llloyds (now championship) side by a country mile. There was some serious quality in the nearly promoted side. All went a bit tits up after.

as Baz said,he built two good side,but had to sell.it was totally out of his hands.he fought tooth and nail to hold on to his players.yes he did sign some crap as well.he never tried to take the credit,the players took the glory which they deserved.if he was to be offered the managers job at BHA again,i hope he would decline it.18 years have passed since those exciting times.What Barry deserves is recognition for what he achieved for the BHA.he took a lot of stick, some deserved,but his loyalty could not be questioned.Thanks for the great memories MR LLOYD

D

Deleted member 2719

Lloyd was so underrated i afraid to say he would have wiped the floor with mickeys team.

D

Deleted member 2719

as Baz said,he built two good side,but had to sell.it was totally out of his hands.he fought tooth and nail to hold on to his players.yes he did sign some crap as well.he never tried to take the credit,the players took the glory which they deserved.if he was to be offered the managers job at BHA again,i hope he would decline it.18 years have passed since those exciting times.What Barry deserves is recognition for what he achieved for the BHA.he took a lot of stick, some deserved,but his loyalty could not be questioned.Thanks for the great memories MR LLOYD

Well put.:clap:

I think it's fair to say both Lloyd and Wilkins (although we didn't get to see enough of Dean) have big similarities.

Liked to play football.
Very Loyal.
Got the best out of players.
Put there heads down and got on with management without the bullshit.

the team Lloyd inherited would win, but he quickly destroyed this

don't think you were about when Lloyd managed the team by the sounds of it!!Lloyd brought in players such as Nelson,Bremner,Nogan,Pates,Small,Byrne,Beeney,Cotterrill,Maulden,Dublin,Eric Young.Gotsmanov,Brian Wade,John Robinson,Clive Walker .to say that he only inherited the players is so far from the truth.HE HAD TO SELL his best players against his will to keep the club alive!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Barry Lloyds side would win comfortably every time.

He had some serious class back then. Probably only Zamora would have got near any Barry Lloyd side, and even then with the likes of Garry Nelson, Mike Small, Johnny Byrne, I doubt he'd have even got on the bench.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
barrys best xl in my view

1) Mark Beeney
2) Gary Chivers
3)Keith Dublin
4)Nicky Bissett
5)Steve Gatting
6)Dean Wilkins
7)Danny Wilson
8)Steve Penney
9)John Robinson
10)Garry Nelson
11)John Bryne

Bench
Robert Codner
Mike Small
Clive Walker
Steve Foster
John Crumplin

Mickys xl

1)Micheal Kuipers
2)Paul Waston
3)Jim Mcnaulty
4)Danny Cullip
5)Simon Morgan
6)Charlie Oatway
7)Richard Carpetner
8)Paul Brooker
9) Bradley Johnson
10)Glenn Murrary
11)Bobby Zamora

Subs
Nicky Forster
Andy Crosby
Tommy Elphick
Dean Cox
Craig Davies

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Was it under Lloyd when Matty Edwards scored against Man U and that ended in a draw? Think it was the league cup.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
good to get your ideas.remember other Lloyd Decent signings,Nogan,Kray,John
Robinson,Wade,Gotsmanov,Crumplin,Gorinavic,Iovan, Mac Grath,Codner,Flasher walker,Gary Chivers
If you mean Hans Kraay, he wasn't a Lloyd signing and John Robinson and Derek McGrath were both youth team players.:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Was it under Lloyd when Matty Edwards scored against Man U and that ended in a draw? Think it was the league cup.

Yes. The same game was also the debut of a certain young Mr Beckham. I remember them kicking Coca-Cola footballs into the crowd. Almost got one, but some big oaf jumped in the way and nabbed in. :angry:

Whatever happened to Edwards? I remember him being lightening quick.

Stumpy Tim

barrys best xl in my view

1) Mark Beeney
2) Gary Chivers
3)Keith Dublin
4)Nicky Bissett
5)Steve Gatting
6)Dean Wilkins
7)Danny Wilson
8)Steve Penney
9)John Robinson
10)Garry Nelson
11)John Bryne

Bench
Robert Codner
Mike Small
Clive Walker
Steve Foster
John Crumplin

For me, Colin Pates (when on loan) was the best defender I have seen play for the Albion. He oozed class and you could tell he was at Arsenal under Graham. I would put Mark Gall on the bench somehow.

I also rated Chapman above Gatting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here