Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss defending S.W. Norfolk seat July 4th.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
She deserves her own thread to track her campaign such is the infamy of the Lettuce that ruled Westminster for 50 days.

In recent months she has been back in her Constituency and I’ve seen her about town making herself visible to any one that is interested. Much of the interest up here in her South West Norfolk seat seems to be one of macabre interest - a ringside seat to watch the final ‘good riddance’ of an MP that has done little to woo her Constituents since she has had her eye on bigger and better things at Westminster. She is very unpopular but the Tories are not, unfortunately, in this bastion of right wing, pro-Brexit, anti-immigration neighbourhood. UKIP, now Reform, still very much relevant as vast areas of agricultural land owned by the landed gentry, also attract migrant workers to put food on the table for the rest of us.

There is a danger that the Greens and Libs will split the vote from Labour and Truss is also being contested by a popular ex-Tory who is standing as an Independent - that could work for us and split the Tory vote but de-seating any Conservative in Norfolk is an uphill battle - Labour will have its work cut out.

Not a good start 🙂

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It would be the Portillo moment.

Grant Shapps and Jeremy Hunt are in big danger. Ian Duncain-Smith is nalied on to lose. It's a shame the Labour and Liberal Democrats are evenly fighting JRM's constituency. Their vote may be split.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It would be the Portillo moment.

Grant Shapps and Jeremy Hunt are in big danger. Ian Duncain-Smith is nalied on to lose. It's a shame the Labour and Liberal Democrats are evenly fighting JRM's constituency. Their vote may be split.
I think it would be a lot bigger and much more enjoyable.

In fact, the moment when a high ranking Tory becomes general election toast would become the ‘Truss Moment’.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I want Truss re-elected.

I want her in the shadow cabinet, then opposition benches, then on a stool facing into the corner.... for the next 20 f***ing years until she's the last f***ing Tory MP left, shouting at clouds.
Oh I really don’t - she’s my Constituency MP.

She can go and sit on a stool facing a corner in a Polish run grocery shop in Nuneaton for the next 20 years shouting at the spiders on the ceiling for all I care - as long as she’s OUT and a hundred miles from SW Norfolk.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I want every single one of the self serving sanctimonious Tory mp’s to stand there on the morning of the 5th having fought and lost their seats. It isn’t good enough they can choose not to run, they should be forced to.
It really does take the fun out of things when Tory MP's bottle it. At least its cheaper for the public purse, if they lose their seat they get a redundancy settlement, if they resign they don't

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

She can go and sit on a stool facing a corner in a Polish run grocery shop in Nuneaton for the next 20 years shouting at the spiders on the ceiling for all I care - as long as she’s OUT and a hundred miles from SW Norfolk.
What kind of people in SW Norfolk vote for her?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Liz to Zeberdi: "So, Mr Zeberdi, can I rely on you for your vote on July 4th?" :)

Jul 20, 2003

Best of luck

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Liz to Zeberdi: "So, Mr Zeberdi, can I rely on you for your vote on July 4th?" :)
I actually passed her in the street last week while chatting to a mate about Sunak’s NS and muttered in a very audible whisper just as she passed me “and she can go and sling her hook too!” I don’t know whether she heard or not.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I actually passed her in the street last week while chatting to a mate about Sunak’s NS and muttered in a very audible whisper just as she passed me “and she can go and sling her hook too!” I don’t know whether she heard or not.
You'll probably be getting dogshit through your letter box soon then.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
You'll probably be getting dogshit through your letter box soon then.
1717024487622.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She deserves her own thread to track her campaign such is the infamy of the Lettuce that ruled Westminster for 50 days.

In recent months she has been back in her Constituency and I’ve seen her about town making herself visible to any one that is interested. Much of the interest up here in her South West Norfolk seat seems to be one of macabre interest - a ringside seat to watch the final ‘good riddance’ of an MP that has done little to woo her Constituents since she has had her eye on bigger and better things at Westminster. She is very unpopular but the Tories are not, unfortunately, in this bastion of right wing, pro-Brexit, anti-immigration neighbourhood. UKIP, now Reform, still very much relevant as vast areas of agricultural land owned by the landed gentry, also attract migrant workers to put food on the table for the rest of us.

There is a danger that the Greens and Libs will split the vote from Labour and Truss is also being contested by a popular ex-Tory who is standing as an Independent - that could work for us and split the Tory vote but de-seating any Conservative in Norfolk is an uphill battle - Labour will have its work cut out.

Not a good start 🙂

I wasn't aware you had any hills to speak of ???

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Not a good start 🙂

Since when has Kings Lynn been in South West Norfolk ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
She said she had secured funding for a new hospital in King's Lynn
Yeah sorry, I deleted my post when I realised what you meant but you replied very quickly - I completely missed that reference in her campaign announcement.

I remember her campaigning for this now - The King’s Lynn Hospital of James Paget is one that her Constituents in SW Norfolk use as it’s one of the two main hospitals in Norfolk and they’ll use the Elizabeth too - but it is an hour and a half away so not as often as the Norwich and if the truth be told, most people in SW Norfolk get taken to the West Suffolk in an emergency. She would have better served her SW Constituents to campaign for better conditions and shorter waiting times at the West Suffolk.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here