Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in enemy territory and last night

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I live in Herne Hill which is uncomfortably close to Selhurst so last night after the end of the game, I and three mates, had to go into the opposite direction from the vast majority of the Albion Army. Bit of a nervous walk, with a few Palace boys looking for people to beat up, but on the whole, not too bad. Once safely on the bus, I couldn't help but start to smirk at the result. The sight of all the depressed and gloomy Palace fans as they made their way home was very, very funny. It seemed that at every stop fans, of all ages, trooped despondently off the bus to continue their night of misery. Not us. ..we continued our journey of joy all the way to the pub. Mission accomplished... behind enemy lines.

What about other London Seagulls .. how did you get on after the match?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
like wise walked back to norwood jct for canary wharf .. overheard how bad palarse were .. couldnt help saying how much brighton were up for it more than cp .. lo ved it
:clap:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Walked back to Thornton Heath for a train to Clapham, was with a few mates and didn't see any trouble despite being fairly mouthy.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Jumped on a bus to Carshalton from outside the ground with about 15 or so Palace fans on board. I tried so hard not to give the game away, but was grinning from ear to ear all the way. Fantastic result. Bus took fecking ages though, but seeing the hoards of Palace fans trudging down the road made it all the more worth the wait.

Grizz

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Got a train from Thornton Heath to Victoria with lots of glum scum. It was difficult to keep the grin off my face as they moaned about what a shit game it was and how both sides were crap and so on. :lolol:

My favourite was the Palace muppet who was on his phone, explaining how he'd come down from Leicester on a coach for the game, but the coach was so late he'd missed the first half and now wouldn't get home till nearly 4am. What a great day out he'd had!!!

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Arranged to meet a friend for a lift back to wallington who is a palarse fan in the sainsbury's car park afterwards. Was walking down Whitehorse Lane talking to a Brighton fan in Leeds about the game on my mobile when i suddenly realised I was walking with half a dozen or so Palarse fans. Decided to call him back later! But didn't see any trouble away from the ground.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Walked back with Yorkie, bakesy and co to where we had parked. A little tense as we crossed Selhurst Road to Tennyson Road.

When we saw their mob about 834 and 3/4 in numbers. Yorkie yelled the battle cry and we had them on thier toes. Found and smashed their pub and a Pizza Hut known to be a meeting place of their firm. Bakesy and I shoved a sicilian into the faces of a couple of chavs by way of our calling card.

We then smashed up a couple of buses and a Sinclair C-5 parked nearby.

All-in-all a top nights rucking.

:p

PS I hope this piece gets into one of those Hooligan Autobiography books.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Walked back to Selhurst and got train back to Victoria, surrounded by saddo Palarsians, who then had the joy of listening to my mobile phone conversation about our victory. Eventually got to Turnpike Lane tube and walked to my home in the rain smiling my bollocks off. :D

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Brighton Bloke said:
Walked back with Yorkie, bakesy and co to where we had parked. A little tense as we crossed Selhurst Road to Tennyson Road.

When we saw their mob about 834 and 3/4 in numbers. Yorkie yelled the battle cry and we had them on thier toes. Found and smashed their pub and a Pizza Hut known to be a meeting place of their firm. Bakesy and I shoved a sicilian into the faces of a couple of chavs by way of our calling card.

PS I hope this peice gets into one of those Hooligan Autobiography books.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: .....But you promised you wouldn't tell.;)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was one of Sneaky's undercover comrades-at-arms, and was slightly less successful than the other three at wiping the big grin off my face on the bus.

A celebratory curry topped the night off nicely.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
kept a low profile on the train to Balham,not helped by mates singing when they hopped off at Gypsy Hill, but once in Balham/Tooting pubs (firm Brighton territory) the laughing continued unabated.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Walked back to Norwood Junction and got train to Clapham Junction with very despondent Palarse, one demonstrating how someone (him??) had meted out a damn good hiding to a Brighton lad. But survived unscathed. Rest of journey home was smiling non-stop. Genius :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brighton Bloke said:

PS I hope this piece gets into one of those Hooligan Autobiography books.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here