Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living by the sea?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Cycling along the seafront this morning reminded me how much I like watching the sea on a rough day. It's one of my favourite things about living by the sea and why I dont think I would ever want to live in land.

What is your favourite thing about living by the sea?

Does anyone know of a decent spot close to Brighton & Hove where you can park your car right by the coast and enjoy the sea views from the comfort of your nice warm car? Have only just learned to drive so havent discovered these places yet. (No dogging hot spots please!)

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Dukes Mound has some lovely views (so ive heard). Just lay back,open your window and enjoy!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seaside Air.

Don't expect inlanders (Henfield and the north) to understand the tides !

Dear Sergei

I hope you were using the cycle lanes as one of the things I detest the most living by the sea is dodging cyclists on the promenade who are too ignorant to abide by the NO Cycling signs. :angry:

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Dear Sergei

I hope you were using the cycle lanes as one of the things I detest the most living by the sea is dodging cyclists on the promenade who are too ignorant to abide by the NO Cycling signs. :angry:

I dont use the cycle lane from the Hove Lagoon until I get to the end of Hove Lawns. Can't see the sea and there is more than enough space for pedestrians and cyclists. From Hove Lawns to the Pier there is not as much space so I use the cycle lane. The only time I have come close to having an accident with a pedestrian is when using the cycle lanes which many people seem oblivious to so I feel much safer and in control when on the prom.

Maybe you trying to dodge cyclists is part of the problem (apart from the cyclists being there in the first place, which I agree, according to the signs, they shouldnt). If you just walk in a straight line cyclists will be able to navigate their way past you without hitting you.

I don't think this makes me ignorant. I can read the sign. I can understand the sign. I just choose to ignore it for improved safety for me and the pestedrians. I think its actually quite considerate of me.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't go to the sea as much as I should but when I was working in Luton during the week last year I felt side when I got my last view of the sea from the train going through Southwick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here