Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Really not very good tonight are they. Reckon we could give them a good game :laugh:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
indeed. it was just hoof it up to andy carroll today which just became to predictable and easy to defend. they have never gotten over the loss of xabi alonso's creativity

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hide this thread from Aldo assuming he survives the night in his scouse hotbed of the county of Sussex.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They really are dense. Spend millions on a couple of marquee signings, but leave themselves with plenty of dross. Awful team with a couple of key players missing.

Nevermind. Europa is a rubbish competition. They can get back to focusing on qualifying for the Europa League... oh...

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Not another Blankety Blank cheque book and pen! Their trophy cabinet has been full of them for the last 21 years!

Still at least they can concentrate on protecting their mid table position and to a life outside Europe next season.

Marvellous scenes!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
but its ANFIELD !!!!!!!! the locals literally SUCK the ball into the net !!:lol:
Spot on. They are the most passionate fans IN THE WORLD. Those magical European nights at Anfield, You'll never walk alone bellowing out, banners and scarves held aloft on a PACKED Kop etc etc. Surely worth a two goal head start?

:lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Empty-seats-at-Anfield-001.jpg

Blimey! So many there it looks like terracing! MAGICAL.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Great to see the scarves above the heads replicating the good very old days!

"You'll never walk alone" but getting there!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
They will surprise a lot of people next year, mark my words. Their net spend in jan was£1m and they will have more money to spend on creativity in the summer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They will surprise a lot of people next year, mark my words. Their net spend in jan was£1m and they will have more money to spend on creativity in the summer.

Not the point, fun to laugh at them while we get the chance, as they the BIGGEST club of ALL TIME EVER, remember.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Not the point, fun to laugh at them while we get the chance, as they the BIGGEST club of ALL TIME EVER, remember.

Oh I agree, it was more a pointed comment at those laughing at their spending on Carroll and Suarez. Plus, they ate actually massive.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will be an interesting one. I thought Carroll was probably a good buy, and in terms of value, they'll probably get more out of him than Chelsea will out of Torres. I know he hasn't played for a while, but I did think last night showed him up slightly. Brilliant in the air, won virtually every ball lumped up to him, but seemed oddly lacking in strength a couple of times, and his first touch looked poor. Perhaps he just needs games. But £35 million looks like a LOT of money at the moment.

The problem they have with him though, is that as soon as a couple of passes don't come off, the temptation is to resort to hoofing it forward and hoping that someone else will pick up the flick on from Carroll. Carragher was dreadful for that last night, not that he's ever been the cultured type anyway but the number of times he just thwunted it aimlessly forward was ridiculous. There was absolutely zero creativity or spark in that team- even Gerrard would have struggled, and he likes to hit the long ball as much as anyone (except when he does it, they call it a long pass).

You might as well have been watching a Gary Megson side play last night. Or even...horror of horrors...Stoke. Only Stoke, in Etherington and a couple of others, have a bit more creativity than Liverpool do at the moment.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Will be an interesting one. I thought Carroll was probably a good buy, and in terms of value, they'll probably get more out of him than Chelsea will out of Torres. I know he hasn't played for a while, but I did think last night showed him up slightly. Brilliant in the air, won virtually every ball lumped up to him, but seemed oddly lacking in strength a couple of times, and his first touch looked poor. Perhaps he just needs games. But £35 million looks like a LOT of money at the moment.

The problem they have with him though, is that as soon as a couple of passes don't come off, the temptation is to resort to hoofing it forward and hoping that someone else will pick up the flick on from Carroll. Carragher was dreadful for that last night, not that he's ever been the cultured type anyway but the number of times he just thwunted it aimlessly forward was ridiculous. There was absolutely zero creativity or spark in that team- even Gerrard would have struggled, and he likes to hit the long ball as much as anyone (except when he does it, they call it a long pass).

You might as well have been watching a Gary Megson side play last night. Or even...horror of horrors...Stoke. Only Stoke, in Etherington and a couple of others, have a bit more creativity than Liverpool do at the moment.

Good analysis.

The problem last night was that he didn't really have anyone to flick it on to as they were playing 4-5-1 for the majority of the game. To play 4-5-1, they needed to get balls into the box, something which Kuyt and Maxi didn't do. By the time they went 4-4-2 with Kuyt more central, Carroll was knackered.

I think Carroll and Suarez could be an incredible partnership next season.

Liverpool have without doubt still got the better deal IMO.

Be CAREFUL making threads criticizing liverpool - I did one a short while back, and as soon as they won a game (still playing fairly poorly btw), I was a bad boy for having done so.

Their support is huge, but in my opinion they aren't cutting the mustard.
Alonso and Riise (both irreplaceable imo) went a while ago, and they've shed a couple of other decent players since then.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Be CAREFUL making threads criticizing liverpool - I did one a short while back, and as soon as they won a game (still playing fairly poorly btw), I was a bad boy for having done so.

Their support is huge, but in my opinion they aren't cutting the mustard.
Alonso and Riise (both irreplaceable imo) went a while ago, and they've shed a couple of other decent players since then.

This. I too started a thread suggesting they were not having the best of seasons and got ranted at right royally. Still, you can't go expecting them to mix it on a regular basis with such huge clubs like Braga.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here