Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

liverpool hve been had

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
idiots. i know he had a year left on his contract but surely they could have got more than 8 million plus and reserve?:ohmy:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
CAFC Matt said:
And we got a bargain in Murphy at £2.5 million. Benitez seems to be ruining Liverpool

i thought murphy was one of their better players too. he gets stuck in, can pass, and has a very good shot / free kick. its ashame you lost di canio really, otherwise you could be challenging liverpool. maybe you still can with the addition of beattie if you get him.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
has he moved yet or is this going to be another murphy/jeffers charlton thing?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Benitez is making the team his own, Liverpool have under achieved for years and need a kick up the arse. Don't agree with the Owen sale though, they shuld have offered him loads.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
saafend_seagull said:
i thought murphy was one of their better players too. he gets stuck in, can pass, and has a very good shot / free kick. its ashame you lost di canio really, otherwise you could be challenging liverpool. maybe you still can with the addition of beattie if you get him.

DI Canio was old and not going top really play a lot thinking about it. However a tad annoying in what he said and signing a new contract 3 weks before but there ya go.

We will hopefully be challenging Liverpool anyway withougt Beattie as we were last season :clap2:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
CAFC Matt said:
DI Canio was old and not going top really play a lot thinking about it. However a tad annoying in what he said and signing a new contract 3 weks before but there ya go.

We will hopefully be challenging Liverpool anyway withougt Beattie as we were last season :clap2:

di canio got second most assists in the prem last season and didnt play a full season either though i think. was one of your key players

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Di Canio has only been signed by Lazio to please their hooligan element as tehy regard him as their greatest ever player.

FACT.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
How much did they flog Heskey for? I think it was £6.25 million. Can't believe that Owen has left the club for only £8 million!

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
saafend_seagull said:
di canio got second most assists in the prem last season and didnt play a full season either though i think. was one of your key players

Very true but now we got Rommodhal which is a proper winger and we ain't had one of them for ages. We got Jeffers who could be our 15-20 goal-a-season striker and Murphy in mdfield. Can't see us really missing him tbh.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Superseagull said:
How much did they flog Heskey for? I think it was £6.25 million. Can't believe that Owen has left the club for only £8 million!
he hasn't done much lately, and ive always thought he was overrated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Don't agree with the Owen sale though, they shuld have offered him loads.
Disagree. Owen had gone stale at Anfield and needed a fresh challenge away frm the Premiership. I'm pleased he's signing for Madrid - he will have to work his bollocks off to get in that team, this could be the making of him. If he's equal to the challenge, then it can only benefit England.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Disagree. Owen had gone stale at Anfield and needed a fresh challenge away frm the Premiership. I'm pleased he's signing for Madrid - he will have to work his bollocks off to get in that team, this could be the making of him. If he's equal to the challenge, then it can only benefit England.

Who else are they going to find of his quality?? They now have Cisse and Baros up front. If they find a world class striker for 8 million I'll eat my own arse. With a new manager Owen could have been great for Liverpool again.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
CAFC Matt said:
We got Jeffers who could be our 15-20 goal-a-season striker

I wouldn't expect that many from Jeffers to be honest, although maybe Curbishly will be able to get the best out of him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Who else are they going to find of his quality?? They now have Cisse and Baros up front. If they find a world class striker for 8 million I'll eat my own arse. With a new manager Owen could have been great for Liverpool again.
Who Liverpool find as a replacement is of absolutely no interest to me. I agree £8m is a bit of a steal, but I couldn't give a toss if Liverpool are (a) out of pocket or (b) struggling to find a replacement.

My only interest in the deal is what is best for Owen and England. Owen staying at Anfield would have been of no benefit to either.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He WON'T get first team footie at Real no matter how hard he tries.

Rual is Reals prodigal son and starts every game no matter what.

Ronaldo is the most dangerous striker in the world and also starts every game.

If Owen can break into that team I would be the first to congratulate him and agree that it will be great for Engerrland but I can't see it.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Easy 10 said:
Who Liverpool find as a replacement is of absolutely no interest to me. I agree £8m is a bit of a steal, but I couldn't give a toss if Liverpool are (a) out of pocket or (b) struggling to find a replacement.

My only interest in the deal is what is best for Owen and England. Owen staying at Anfield would have been of no benefit to either.

The problem is that Owen might not be in the team on a regular basis. Camacho has said Morientes is staying and will feature which leaves Owen, Raul, Ronaldo & Moreintes battling it out for 2 places. Admittedly Ronaldo's injury record reads similar to Paul Kitson's but that still does not mean Owen will be an automatic selection. Add in the fact he has been playing rubbish as well and I can see this going horribly wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here