Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool - Albion match day program

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nice and sunny, if a bit nippy, here in Liverpool.

Sat having a drink, flicking through the program. £35 million Donkey on the cover.

Our 'man to watch' is Will Buckley.

Great six page article on Albion Liverpool game from Nov 79' with loads of pics of the Goldstone.

Nice mentions for Nooney and Navs in Gerrard's column.

Good stuff

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What is the weather like?

Whoops, I missed the first line of your message.

What is the atmosphere like up there?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Has anyone spelt it properly?

I initially went for 'programme' but then thought that applied to the things you watch on TV so altered it to 'program' to match the OP's spelling, but with a bad taste in my mouth about the whole affair it has to be said - ALWAYS go with your first instinct. Anyone shed any light on this spelling fiasco without Google-ing? We'd hate for it to end up in a Liverpool v Brighton matchday pogrom!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nice and sunny, if a bit nippy, here in Liverpool.

Sat having a drink, flicking through the program. £35 million Donkey on the cover.

Our 'man to watch' is Will Buckley.

Great six page article on Albion Liverpool game from Nov 79' with loads of pics of the Goldstone.

Nice mentions for Nooney and Navs in Gerrard's column.

Good stuff

Up there slagging the locals off behind their back. Typical warrior. :lol: :lol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I initially went for 'programme' but then thought that applied to the things you watch on TV so altered it to 'program' to match the OP's spelling, but with a bad taste in my mouth about the whole affair it has to be said - ALWAYS go with your first instinct. Anyone shed any light on this spelling fiasco without Google-ing? We'd hate for it to end up in a Liverpool v Brighton matchday pogrom!

Programme. Program is American.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329584330.578167.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What time does it get dark up there?

Still light on the south coast

Last edited:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Could you guys in Liverpool say 'Hello' to my hub caps, please?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Programme. Program is American.

I've always thought we used both? We have computer programs and tv programmes don't we? That's what I've always done anyway.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've always thought we used both? We have computer programs and tv programmes don't we? That's what I've always done anyway.

That's correct- computer programs and tv programmes. But not tv programs or computer programmes.

I'm fairly sure I'm right in saying that at a football match you buy a programme.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That's correct- computer programs and tv programmes. But not tv programs or computer programmes.

I'm fairly sure I'm right in saying that at a football match you buy a programme.

I always spell it computer programmes but that's probably because I'm old. I expect you're right. On the other hand, what about disks and discs? People seemed to spell them with a k once but that seems to have died out now thankfully.

(Twenty five years ago I went to a computer teach-in organised by my employer. The tutor asked the class if anyone knew anything about 'diskettes'. A colleague put his hand up and said he thought they may have recorded Da Doo Ron Ron. I thought this was incredibly funny but, as I say, I'm old.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here